Push to start button install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bombsquad85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shreksbrothers kit is if you don't already have an alarm system. It is an alarm, remote start, push button start system.

My install was because I already had an alarm/remote start on my truck. My setup does exactly what you said you want (alarm, remote start, push button start, passive key) and adds smartphone app functionality for alarm and remote start functions from my phone.

I dont have an alarm that I know of but I have remote start that works with the factory remote. I wouldn't mind adding an alarm, but I want keyless entry with push button

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
Do you know what brand the remote start is? You would want to find out if it can integrate with an aftermarket alarm system so you don't have to have multiple remotes for the remote start and alarm system.

fubutx

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2000 Sierra, it does not have an alarm.

I have done some reading and think my notes in red on the picture below, would be the way to wire up the push button start system.

If anyone can check that out and see if I’m missing something, I know I have to bypass the shifter lock and also plan to cut the key so it does not lock the steering column, and also connect the brake wire off the EC004 system.
ACC332F1-6207-461E-9D7A-09DBB8258927.jpeg

OP
OP
Blackie

Blackie

Reaction score
I have a 2000 Sierra, it does not have an alarm.

I have done some reading and think my notes in red on the picture below, would be the way to wire up the push button start system.

If anyone can check that out and see if I’m missing something, I know I have to bypass the shifter lock and also plan to cut the key so it does not lock the steering column, and also connect the brake wire off the EC004 system.
View attachment 355684
I will answer in order with the number on your picture. If you plan on placing the push to start button in the key position and remove the key cylinder completely (like I did), there will be no need to cut the key as this bypasses the steering wheel lock.

6. Starter Wire-Correct
3. Ignition Wire(s)-Correct
5. ACC Wire-It won't hurt to wire it the way you have shown but it is not necessary. I wired both of my ACC wires directly to the 1 ACC wire on the push to start button as said in the install manual and everything works as it should with no problems. Those wires are heavy gauge so they can handle the current.

Both Ignition wires and both Accessory wires MUST be connected.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans