Push button gear selector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in South Florida and our stop lights are insanely long, don't really mind the feature there. Being up in PA for a few weeks though I don't know if I would find it as ideal here. I am also not gunning it the second the light turns green, so far its been a complete non issue for me although at first I did think it was weird, now I kind of like it.

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
Love the push button selector but I like new things like this, even though they had push buttons in the DeSotos and Ramblers back in the 50's. Have had it since December and no problems getting use to. Also the pull on the drive and reverse are for safety so no one accidentally pushes it.

OP
OP
L

Larryjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Tahoe has a neat feature that allows you to start from a stop in 2nd gear. This helps keep traction in slippery conditions.

I'm sure I could get used to a push button shifter, but I'm still wishing they'd kept the column shifter, at least as an option. A column shifter would make down shifting much easier, especially where they haven't put shift paddles on the steering wheel.

Honestly, there is so much new "cool" tech that is not ergonomic. The big thing in the 1990's was designing things to be ergonomic. It worked really well. I can adjust most important features (defogger, HVAC, gear selection, radio buttons (to switch to traffic stations) by feel without looking. That is something I will dearly miss in almost any new vehicle I'd be looking at next.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Even Edsels had push button shifters in steering wheel center! Don't see them or Desoto's much anymore. So is GM becoming Gone Motors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts