Purchasing nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DLAv8r

Reaction score
They can enter your order into Order Workbench at any time. Unfortunately, unless they have an allocation, your order will just sit in the preliminary tab until GM gives the dealer an allocation to fulfill your order with. Every Thursday a new DOSP cycle begins and it closes Friday at 9:00 PM. If your dealer has an allocation with acceptable constraints, your order will get placed with no issues. If they got an allocation and weren't offered the constraints to build yours, they can still prioritize it to try to secure the constraints. If a dealer that received the constraints passes on them, the constrained options go back into the pool and your order could be pulled and sent to production.
Is there any way to know what the constraints are? I placed an order last Thursday for a base bones Denali 2wd, but it didn’t get picked up. Manager said it should this Thursday, but now I’m paranoid. If it’s something like interior color ( we went dark walnut) I would change it to black to get allocated etc.

Perhaps the order was too late before allocation dropped for the day?

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any way to know what the constraints are? I placed an order last Thursday for a base bones Denali 2wd, but it didn’t get picked up. Manager said it should this Thursday, but now I’m paranoid. If it’s something like interior color ( we went dark walnut) I would change it to black to get allocated etc.

Perhaps the order was too late before allocation dropped for the day?

dealers have access to the national constraints when they receive their allocations...there used to be a random user or two on here that had a dealer willing to pass along that info...not so much these days (and I may be wrong on this) but I imagine the waiting lists aren't what they used to be...even to the point the smaller dealers probably don't have someone waiting for an allocation

DLAv8r

Reaction score
dealers have access to the national constraints when they receive their allocations...there used to be a random user or two on here that had a dealer willing to pass along that info...not so much these days (and I may be wrong on this) but I imagine the waiting lists aren't what they used to be...even to the point the smaller dealers probably don't have someone waiting for an allocation

Woke up to an email by GMC saying my Denali 3.0 order has been accepted. I'm curious how long it will take. After ordering 2 F150s over the last year, I'm used to being patient for ordered vehicles. One truck took 6 months and the other one about 5.

Hopefully GMC's tracking is up to date. Will they send a separate email when they have an estimated date for production?

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
selling Yukons? as long as they can sell them at MSRP - doubt it. everything else - yes

Yukons look to be the only model they aren't discounting right now. Even the HDs are being discounted...sure they have about half their HD inventory listed at sticker, but the other half is $5-6k or more off

Look at how much $ off MSRP some already are advertising for their 2024 HDs.

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trucks are heavily discounted, even the 23's, supply caught up to demand. The full size SUV's, the supply hasn't caught up with demand yet. Not sure if the supply will catch up in 3 or 6 months, maybe longer.

Captain A-A-Ron

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Woke up to an email by GMC saying my Denali 3.0 order has been accepted. I'm curious how long it will take. After ordering 2 F150s over the last year, I'm used to being patient for ordered vehicles. One truck took 6 months and the other one about 5.

Hopefully GMC's tracking is up to date. Will they send a separate email when they have an estimated date for production?
My SLT was Accepted April 5th, and was on a train April 27th. So production isn’t taking that long. From Arlington plant to Benicia CA is about 44hrs by train. Ours will be less than 2 months from acceptance to dealer.

You will get an email saying its been accepted for production, then when it’s been built, then when its “on the move” etc.

You can start a live chat on the GMC website, if you have your order number you can find out where your vehicle is in the production process.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Look at how much $ off MSRP some already are advertising for their 2024 HDs.

your typical guy that uses one to work will balk at the 5-7% interest even at those discounts.

happy wife / happy life will keep the SUV demand high for the time being...an advantage the trucks don't have

regional dealer has over 80 HDs on the lot - only discounting them $3k off...

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your typical guy that uses one to work will balk at the 5-7% interest even at those discounts.

happy wife / happy life will keep the SUV demand high for the time being...an advantage the trucks don't have

regional dealer has over 80 HDs on the lot - only discounting them $3k off...
Interest rates have been high long before they were low and people still bought cars. The low interest rates we got used to were artificial. High rates are here to stay. At least until the economy slows down and they have to artificially create demand again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum