Purchasing a new 2021 Yukon XL tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
JestersHK

JestersHK

Reaction score
Thanks all, so was going through the manuals last night and at the dealership my salesman told me we did not have the sliding console despite the sheet having it.
I figured another chip shortage omission. Well found the button last night and low and behold console starts moving. Pretty cool feature and gives me back some hidey hole storage.

Mike Diaferio

Reaction score
You will be happy with your purchase. I went from a 2018 Tahoe to the 2021 Denali Yukon and never looked back!

CASTLEDFW15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great choice congratulations!

I had a Yukon XL Cayenne Red/Tan. Rental in December 2019.

Last time I drove any of the S/T/Y platform until I got my Tahoe last month.

When I rented I told the AVIS clerk about my trip. I explained that I was headed to Arlington National Cemetery for Wreaths over Arlington. Explained that GM was one of the major corporate sponsors of this event….(support/logistics vehicles). I also explained that it sure would look good for me to show up in a nice clean Holiday themed GM vehicle…….Yukon XL). Even managed a free upgrade from regular Tahoe/Yukon….by holiday themed I mean Christmas colors, green, red, white, silver etc…..after I got the keys and headed out to vehicle I almost tripped over a shiny new red Corvette……apparently their definition of cheery holiday themed GM product and mine were a little different.

For the trip I had minimal cargo and just me and my dog. With limited cargo, ai folded the 2nd and3rd town down flat….he had the whole back like a guest room.

OP
OP
JestersHK

JestersHK

Reaction score
We just put the first 1000 miles on her and so far we are very happy.

Pros
Better gas mileage than our Tahoe. I did have it leveled with large tires.
Space! The main reason we upgraded and by God we have it now.
360 cam is awesome. Makes parking a breeze
Wireless charging actually works this time.
Powered 2nd and 3rd row extra buttons up front. Now can fold seats from driver seat.
Ride is smoothe cab is quiet

Cons
These are things I really had to nit pick on to find...
The android Auto is still klugy. Not necessarily gms fault. Sucks trying to swap between connected devices.
No dial to close vents you must slide them left or right.
Passenger seat fan is loud when using seat cooler.
Minimum AC could be lower fan setting.

Absolutely love the red, but it shows dust and dirt almost as bad as black. That's ok though just gotta keep her extra clean.