Purchasing a new 2021 Yukon XL tomorrow

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JestersHK

Reaction score
Finally found one with the luxury package and a dealer willing to work with me on trading in my 2016 Tahoe.

Test drove a Suburban a few days ago but unfortunately didn't have all the creature comforts we wanted, was black which is both our last color choice, and I was turned off by the giant sunroof.

This one is a Cayenne Red SLT with same features we've grown to love with our Tahoe. We love our Tahoe, but just need the extra space... should of listened to advice here when I was shopping before.

Hopefully things work out numberwise in the AM, and I'll make the 2.5 hour drive to go finish the deal. Been working remotely so far with dealership and they've been pretty great.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally found one with the luxury package and a dealer willing to work with me on trading in my 2016 Tahoe.

Test drove a Suburban a few days ago but unfortunately didn't have all the creature comforts we wanted, was black which is both our last color choice, and I was turned off by the giant sunroof.

This one is a Cayenne Red SLT with same features we've grown to love with our Tahoe. We love our Tahoe, but just need the extra space... should of listened to advice here when I was shopping before.

Hopefully things work out numberwise in the AM, and I'll make the 2.5 hour drive to go finish the deal. Been working remotely so far with dealership and they've been pretty great.
Get exactly what you want even if you have to pay a little more for it. Remember also, that the new Tahoes are larger than your old one. Having said that, I still like the original size best!

OP
OP
JestersHK

JestersHK

Reaction score
Agreed, that's why we passed on the suburban, just was missing a few too many of the features we were used to. Luckily this Yukon is better equipped than our current Tahoe. This will be our last large car purchase as my kids are getting older and will be college bound in a few years so we're in agreement on getting what you want by paying a bit more.
I've worried myself over lifters, but I tend to over research. I rarely buy brand new, but trade in values are crazy and I'm not sure when we'd have this oppurtunity again so hoping to take the plunge today.

OP
OP
JestersHK

JestersHK

Reaction score
After a 2.5 hour drive I had an actual positive buying experience for a change and brought our new Yukon XL home tonight. We did terms over text and email and they stuck by them.

Paid MSRP which I wasn't thrilled about, but at least they weren't up charging. The cayenne red is awesome, and the surround cameras are pretty cool tech. AC seats are awesome too. The luxury pack has allot of bells and whistles for sure.

Traded in our 2016 Tahoe and they took care of us on the trade in. Build date was this month so I'm going to avoid lifter issues. Overall very happy with our purchase so far.

Attachments

• 20210831_140834.jpg
    20210831_140834.jpg
    350.3 KB · Views: 17
  • 20210831_192818.jpg
    20210831_192818.jpg
    425 KB · Views: 13
  • 20210831_134217.jpg
    20210831_134217.jpg
    331.5 KB · Views: 13

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats!!! We just rented a 2021 Suburban for a month for roadtrip around the country. VERY impressed with the new platform. Hated my 2017 Denali XL. Best of luck, its a great ride!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice looking rig!! That color is my favorite color on GM long bodies! Excellent choice! Also love those wheels. Not as flashy as the 22s on some trucks but I actually like them better! So much so that I scored a set of those as brand new take offs and put them on my 2006. Lol. Enjoy all the new tech and bells and whistles!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518