Pulling the RTD 30 amp fuse.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello just pulled this fuse out. It is suppose to clear the error message for ride control.
This did not happen for me. Still have message showing.
I did put on Monroe Shocks 3000 miles ago. Had to but the resister kit for each shock. Maybe not so sure i did the re-wiring so well or maybe someone else can help me out?
Thank you.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to disconnect the battery first then pull the fuse then reconnect the battery.

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you Red Rocket. Boy I should listen better to you. I just finished redoing the fuse and yes of coarse NO MORE LIGHT ON DASH.
i am free as a bird to change to a better shock with no more worries.
Good day.

pizzle

Reaction score
Thank you Red Rocket. Boy I should listen better to you. I just finished redoing the fuse and yes of coarse NO MORE LIGHT ON DASH.
i am free as a bird to change to a better shock with no more worries.
Good day.

you losing the autoride system as well? Can i ask what shocks and springs your going with?

OP
OP
crabbman

crabbman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00498UJ0U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this is spring coil.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014BG8WXK/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 these are ranch shocks

these are suggestions from members here. I am not sure how they will effect stability and ride of yukons. I find yukons to be kind of loose in hard to medium cornering. And of coarse here in middle colorado not so good gripping snowy,icy, roads. I find you need to be a cautious driver in winter,not so much in summer. I am still learning the ins and out of a daily driver of yukons. This is my daughter's car and I do not drive it that much but am concerned for her and car.
and this is an auto ride yukon and I have done the repair to prevent service stability control light thanks to members here and it is so great not having to worry about what shocks and springs to use. total freedom.

Stax

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello just pulled this fuse out. It is suppose to clear the error message for ride control.
This did not happen for me. Still have message showing.
I did put on Monroe Shocks 3000 miles ago. Had to but the resister kit for each shock. Maybe not so sure i did the re-wiring so well or maybe someone else can help me out?
Thank you.
Did you disconnect the negative battery cable b4 pulling the RTD FUSE that my be your problem cause it worked for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14