Puddle light bulb removal/what type bulb?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to replace the bulbs in the puddle lights on my 03 Esky, how do you remove the bulb not trying to break anything and what type of LED bulb do you need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

osiris94ej

Full Access Member
Reaction score
42mm led, there is a little snap tab that locks it in. If they are old and brittle be careful. They can break. None of mine broke luckily. It's a big clear housing you remove and unplug. They can be a pita but light wiggling and should pop out. Then has 2 screws holding it together. Check your wiring before putting back together if you are doing led since they are polarity sensitive.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
42mm led, there is a little snap tab that locks it in. If they are old and brittle be careful. They can break. None of mine broke luckily. It's a big clear housing you remove and unplug. Then has 2 screws holding it together. Check your wiring before putting back together if you are doing led since they are polarity sensitive.

Thanks, I saw the tab wasn't sure what else you had to do

OP
OP
95escahoe

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I edited the post. Slight prying with a plastic pry tool and they kinda rock loose.

Are you sure it's 42mm saw another post saying its 37mm?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons