Protecting door sills

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about the painted part on the outside of the weatherstrip, I would go to a tint shop and have clear bra/PPF put on those areas. Those areas are very beat up on both my 2008 and 2013 and getting door jams repainted would probably cost thousands due to all the finnicky prep work it would take so whatever it costs to protect those areas is probably worth it, in my opinion.

This guy <not my pic> DoorSill.png

Tyrell

Reaction score
Husky floor mats cover that pretty chrome insert pretty well. ...but then you don't get to see the pretty chrome insert. :shrug:

20220511_175823.jpg

OP
OP
Fast_AT4

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Husky floor mats cover that pretty chrome insert pretty well. ...but then you don't get to see the pretty chrome insert. :shrug:

View attachment 370644

Hard pass for me on this. I like my carpet floor mats and also not feeling the covering option of those Husky. To me, looks like Husky didnt use a proper template in the design.

But thanks though.

Tyrell

Reaction score
Hard pass for me on this. I like my carpet floor mats and also not feeling the covering option of those Husky. To me, looks like Husky didnt use a proper template in the design.

But thanks though.
Yeah, I'm not over the moon about them myself in all honesty. Did not realize they would cover so much on the door sill when I was purchasing them. But now I have them and the boxes are gone so I'll live with them for a while. If I decide I still care after some time, I'll look into something else.

svt1998gt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I just got my set, from the instructions they sent you are supposed to trim to show the logo. Not a fan of the covered look, looks a little messy to me.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my set, from the instructions they sent you are supposed to trim to show the logo. Not a fan of the covered look, looks a little messy to me.
Plus, it’s pretty hard to cut them and not look like you DIY’ed it…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts