(PROJECT) Yukon GT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm kinda building my own Yukon GT. Today I ordered a Bell Tech 2" front drop spindles & rear 3,4" drop kit for my 2018 Yukon Denali. The Hellwig swap bars are on my list but likely a next year project. Will do the 16" brake upgrade when my factory brakes wear down but still look too good at 70K miles so may be awhile.
Quick question-are you running the stock front springs with your drop spindles?

MrMonte

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quick question-are you running the stock front springs with your drop spindles?
Yes on stock front springs. I did this same kit on my 2008 Avalanche & it had a great ride and handles so much better.

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes on stock front springs. I did this same kit on my 2008 Avalanche & it had a great ride and handles so much better.

So I’m thinking of swapping from my MaxTrac front drop springs to a drop spindle on stock-height springs. My tech said my alignment is barely within spec. He’s maxed out the adjustment. Also, the ball joint is almost at max range. Going back to stock geometry will solve that. But I love the ride of the firmer springs. I haven’t looked yet but I’m assuming they make stock-height springs that are firmer.

OP
OP
Fast Eddie

Fast Eddie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an update. Mostly cosmetic. I switched to 22” GMC Sierra wheels from the Carbon-22 package, black mesh grille insert, blacked-out fog bezels, and ditched the running boards. I like it-not as bling.

IMG_0202.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC