Programming TPMS System 2022 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wwolfe

Reaction score
Installed winter tires on same aftermarket rims with sensors that were used on my 2015 Tahoe. Have GM matching tool and was always able to program them on 2015 by using program in the DIC. New digital dash shows message " service tire monitor system" with only option being to " dismiss", has anyone been able to access Relearn I just pur

wwolfe

Reaction score
Purchased a 2022 Tahoe LT for my wife. Setting it up for winter wheel/tire package for here in Western NY. Purchased (4) GM sensors P/N 13533166 of ebay for $30.00. We have a tire business with Autel and other TPMS tools so will update once i mount on how it works out.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed aftermarket wheels today on my 2022 Yukon AT4 and I've been getting that TPMS notice on my dash all day. The TPPMS's were included when I bought the wheels, but I had them installed not knowing how complicated the pre-programming process is. I'm also starting to believe the engine shut-off feature is tied into the TPMS monitors, because I drove 45 miles on and off the highway, and not once did the engine shut off while at a stop light. I know it activates by applying the brakes, but I wonder if it's tied together somehow.

Last edited:

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed aftermarket wheels today on my 2022 Yukon AT4 and I've been getting that TPMS notice on my dash all day. The TPPMS's were included when I bought the wheels, but I had them installed not knowing how complicated the pre-programming process is. I'm also starting to believe the engine shut-off feature is tied into the TPMS monitors, because I drove 45 miles on and off the highway, and not once did the engine shut off while at a stop light. I know it activates by applying the brakes, but I wonder if it's tied together somehow.
Did you have the A/C running? The truck will not shut off if the A/C is on when you come to a stop. Also, assuming you have the right frequency TPMS then a quick stop at a dealer or tire shop they should be able to program them to the vehicle in a few minutes. You need the 433 mhz TPMS though, if you do not they will not sync to the vehicle. I have that issue now, Custom Offsets sent the package with the wrong TPMS frequency so I have to have them swapped out.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you have the A/C running? The truck will not shut off if the A/C is on when you come to a stop. Also, assuming you have the right frequency TPMS then a quick stop at a dealer or tire shop they should be able to program them to the vehicle in a few minutes. You need the 433 mhz TPMS though, if you do not they will not sync to the vehicle. I have that issue now, Custom Offsets sent the package with the wrong TPMS frequency so I have to have them swapped out.
No, I wouldn't be foolish enough to leave the A/C on like that. It just wouldn't initiate at all. Eventually it did later on in the day, but it took several hours after I had mounted the wheels for it to work.

I also contacted my wheels guy so we're going to work that TPMS issue out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17