Programming new key RKE, passlock issue, 2015 yukon denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MBRedline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I bought an extra key fob, and began the procedure to add a new rke fob. I didnt realize I needed all existing keys in the vehicle, i thought one would do. Now the vehicle will not turn to ACC or ON or Start. The old key fobs still unlock the doors with the buttons on the fob. But they will not work in proximity with the door button.

I tried repeating to process, then I tried the 'no known keys' process...no luck

Anyone know how to reset the passlock system?

OP
OP
M

MBRedline

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update: the vehicle was actually still locked into program mode, he the start button for 12 secs and it freed up. Sorry about that.

Another question though...

After doing the long 30 minute relearn process to wipe off the keys that we didnt recieve with the vehicle. I then proceeded to program my existing keys and the new key. The existing keys programmed fine. The new key however is not being recognized. I replaced the battery with still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Do the keys have to be wipe clean if they were on another vehicle?

I just assumed this process was all that was needed.

Saw Kyrom

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with reprogramming an extra key fob when only one working fob exist? I've followed the instructions in the manual for the long (30 min) relearn, however it never gets to the "PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN" after the "REMOTE PROGRAM PENDING". The DIC goes dark after a few minutes, waiting up to 20 minutes and no "PRESS ENGINE...". Its a 2017 Tahoe.

9CZ71Denali

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone had luck with reprogramming an extra key fob when only one working fob exist? I've followed the instructions in the manual for the long (30 min) relearn, however it never gets to the "PRESS ENGINE START BUTTON TO LEARN" after the "REMOTE PROGRAM PENDING". The DIC goes dark after a few minutes, waiting up to 20 minutes and no "PRESS ENGINE...". Its a 2017 Tahoe.
Did you ever figure this out? Having the same issue. I have one good key and 1 spare that I can't get to program. My truck is stuck in program mode despite holding the start button for 12 seconds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87