Programmers Not Detectable By Dealer ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thirdcoast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just received a Diablo Sport InTune3 programmer for a 2017 GM and I want to know if the dealer can detect use if I revert to factory tune prior to taking to dealer..

Diablo says NO, they cannot.. What Say You???

I really hope not as I really need to tune the transmission for better shifting..

Thanks For Your Help,

Thirdcoast

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So...
The consensus seems to be that if you restore it to factory settings before you bring it in to the dealer, they cannot actually see any tune modifications but,

Apparently, they can tell how many times the ECU and the TCU's have been flashed. (Like "why was it flashed 10 times and you have only had it for 2 weeks?") I am not sure if they can tell the date/time when it was flashed.

GM put out a dealer notification about checking for tunes when the vehicle is brought in for warranty work. To me, there seems to be a loophole in that notification though. It states, something to the effect, that if a tune "is present" when brought in, so maybe it can be argued on those grounds.

I'll look for that notification (someone else will probably have it quicker and/or chime in)

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is no strict & final word that applies across the board.

Either tune it and let the chips fall where they may or, if you're that concerned about it, just don't tune it.