Production dates for 2022 Tahoe and Suburban Revealed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like your colors and the trim/equipment that you’ve specified. But feel that you’re missing out on the Duramax.
I really wanted to go with the Duramax but I make many short hops to town and not enough long trips. Someone posted a schedule of driving to keep these running clean and I wish I could find it.

Finally found it and it is a past post of yours. It's possible I could add some longer trips at more frequent intervals to accommodate the diesel .

"But diesels can be used as grocery getters and mommy mobiles as long as your usage falls within the following suggested guidelines:

Diesels should never be started and stopped with less than 60 seconds running time. If you need to marshal your vehicle fleet around your driveway then a diesel is not a good fit for you.

A short trip would be defined as engine running 1-10 minutes.

A medium trip is engine running 11-29 minutes.

A long trip is engine running 30 or more minutes.

For every six short trips a diesel needs one long trip.

For every ten medium trips a diesel needs one long trip.

Most people’s driving patterns fall within these parameters. But not everyone."

Source: Eight years driving Chevrolet’s 2.0L diesel.

Last edited:

Chloe_21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could not agree more. I ordered a Yukon with premium package and a few other options in January 2021 and I’m order has not been accepted and then even more restrictions happened. There are a few item like adaptive cruise that I am just not willing to give up. So I guess I will keep waiting and maybe 2022 will fair better! I want what I want.
For ***** and giggles, I actually looked at one of my local dealerships. They actually happened to be getting the exact vehicle that I ordered - 2WD the same interior color, same exterior color, with the exception of rear seat media that comes on the vehicle.

It was listed for MSRP online, and they don’t take supplier right now. So I told him OK, MSRP I’ll put a deposit down to hold the vehicle because it’s not there yet and I don’t want it to be sold before I lose my chance. Well they come back with it’s $10,000 over MSRP and I basically told him to take the car and shove it. Lol

But I could put a $2500 deposit down on an order that they cannot say exactly when I would get it, but it’s nonrefundable and it would be the exact same vehicle that is coming on the truck right now. So let me get this straight you can’t do supplier pricing on the incoming vehicle nor can you do MSRP on the incoming vehicle, but yet I can sit down build the exact same vehicle and place the order with the supplier price?

They’re still using their allocation. This is a very confusing time.

some dealers tell me that their orders will open up in three months for a 22 order. The good news is the order that I’m holding right now, my sales guy tells me the orders for them - they get allocation in July for a 22. So I think I’m just gonna stick with the same dealer. So yeah it’s definitely best to wait because otherwise it’s just a bait and switch game with these dealerships unfortunately.

The one thing I really don’t like about my sales guy though I’ve asked to change the color and he tells me I have to cancel the whole order and do a whole new order like I’ve been waiting in line for three months now we’re almost 3 months actually sorry and I don’t wanna lose my spot in line just because I want to change one little color.

Rbhim1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So do we know if they actually started production of 2022 or not. Heard Oct 4 then Oct 6. Hopefully they have started.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There’s a another quirk. After November 1 builds? On 22 Tahoe’s Burbs premier and HC gmc and cadi’s similar trim equivalents. There will be 2 position lumbar support vs the 4 positions we have now. Chip shortage. 50$ credit

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne