Problems with Radio "Tuner Initiating"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jna97

Reaction score
Just an FYI, my 2021 Z71 Tahoe had a "Tuner Initiating" message yesterday and this morning on the audio display. The Apple Car Play works fine, but the AM/FM stations don't work. The XM stations will load with song information/graphics, but there is no sound. It seems like after you turn it off for about 30 minutes and restart all is working. I think this was the case on previous year models too. Next trip to the dealership I will have them take a look.

dimbulb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did you have any luck fixing this problem? I have a 2021 gmc and it suddenly started with the Tuner Initializing.

dimbulb

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just an FYI, my 2021 Z71 Tahoe had a "Tuner Initiating" message yesterday and this morning on the audio display. The Apple Car Play works fine, but the AM/FM stations don't work. The XM stations will load with song information/graphics, but there is no sound. It seems like after you turn it off for about 30 minutes and restart all is working. I think this was the case on previous year models too. Next trip to the dealership I will have them take a look.
How did you get this fixed? Did it require the dealership?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9