Problem with rear doors not locking?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Slammedchevy01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sometimes when i lock my 2003 tahoen the rear 2 and hatch wont lock. Would this be a fuse or wire issue? I can open the door or hit lock on the remote several times sometimes.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

MrFleming007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it only not lock when using the remote, or does it do the same thing when you hit the lock button on the door. Is it just limited to the rear doors, or does the passenger door do it as well? Just wondering if there might be an issue with the sequential unlock system... My money is on a relay or loose connection though.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Tricky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My issue was that the actuator can loose from the locking latch. Take cover off door and see what's going on.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk.

ktmhans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I copy and pasted this from one of my other posts. This was my problem.

Door lock relays ! Driver side fuse panel when you open the door. The 2 black ones. One locks one unlocks. If you have this problem try switching the relays. Solved mine. Went down picked up 2 fresh ones and wala. BWD part # R3110Z. 14.99 each. Works likea charm now.

Arwen

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I copy and pasted this from one of my other posts. This was my problem.

Door lock relays ! Driver side fuse panel when you open the door. The 2 black ones. One locks one unlocks. If you have this problem try switching the relays. Solved mine. Went down picked up 2 fresh ones and wala. BWD part # R3110Z. 14.99 each. Works likea charm now.
Thanks this fixed the problem

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts