Problem with my new Volant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, no new CEL issues? I don't really expect a performance increase over my Airaid MIT and the stock air box with K&N drop in, but I HATE the resonant sound I sometimes get at part throttle. Hard to believe all that funky tubing hanging off the stock intake tube makes a difference, but it does.

dgeorgatos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will have to PM Daniel to see if he can help me out now. I removed my Volant CAI over 6 months ago and it is just sitting in the box in my garage.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After talking to Daniel (aka "Volant1" above), it sounds as though my o-ring that came with my kit is most likely the culprit to my codes. Daniel is sending me out some new stuff that should solve the code issues.

If you are having problems with your '09+ and Volant, or if you're considering one but are concerned that you, too, might have code issues, just drop Daniel an email through the Volant site (or PM him from here). He called me at the number I PM'ed him and we went over my set up and concerns. Really nice guy, and will go out of his way to help you. It's obvious that he wants his customers to be happy -- and for his products to work well for his customers.

Daniel, fi you're reading this (and I know that you are), thanks again for your help!

So did this solve your CEL issue? If so, I might make the switch to get rid of the resonance at part throttle.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ Would you be selling your MIT? If so, I will buy it for a good price.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Kirk confirms no more CEL trouble I will probably get the Volant and sell the MIT. It only costs $129 new.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's only been a few weeks with the replacement Volant, but so far, so good. No CEL, knock on wood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, the very next day after adding my last post I got a CEL, and I couldn't clear it with the hand held tuner. I drove home from the shore, went right to the garage, and put the stock set up back on. I just don't think the Volant is going to work on the '09. Other years, yes. '09, I don't think so.

Fast55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn that sucks. I've never had a CEL using the Airaid MIT and stock air box with K&N. I do think there's a performance increase over the stock tube and filter. I can't understand what the difference would be between that and the Volant that would throw a code. It's pretty cheap if you want to try that instead.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I'm going to go with a drop-in [to the oem box] K&N filter. I need to spend more time with the oem set up, but I think that there may be less surging at slow speeds with the oem set up, too.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If Kirk confirms no more CEL trouble I will probably get the Volant and sell the MIT. It only costs $129 new.

I got mine for a $100 flat/shipped.

---------- Post added at 09:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 AM ----------

Damn that sucks. I've never had a CEL using the Airaid MIT and stock air box with K&N. I do think there's a performance increase over the stock tube and filter. I can't understand what the difference would be between that and the Volant that would throw a code. It's pretty cheap if you want to try that instead.

What year is your car? I think the issue is with 09+ only. The 07-08 have the MAF sensor located in a different spot and that might have something to do with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2