Pricing sanity check - 2017 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phdlock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have adaptive cruise on my 18 Denali and it works perfectly. Keeps me far away from vehicles in front of me unless I set it for less distance. Lane assist also works exceptionally well. If yours is not working well you may want to take it in under warranty.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with Phdlock. Mine works just fine and as expected on my 2017 Chevy Tahoe.

ChrisYukon

Reaction score
No complaints about the adaptive cruise control from me, either.

I'm not sure what your complaint is with the lane keep assist - Are you comparing it to an auto-pilot feature?

Jorge1313

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d check and shop around for that price I seen them new 2018 with zero miles.

Boatguy

Reaction score
Have adaptive cruise on my 18 Denali and it works perfectly. Keeps me far away from vehicles in front of me unless I set it for less distance. Lane assist also works exceptionally well. If yours is not working well you may want to take it in under warranty.

Thanks for your input. I just took it to a Dealer. They drove the pants off of it and said the ACC and lane keep are within spec. The ACC still tailgates (according to me and two others who have been in it since the shop visit) and the lane keep only starts to steer when you are on the line, sometimes a tad before it. The service manager told me the lane keep isn’t designed to keep you centered—like our Honda with the sensor package does.

I’ve got a big road trip coming up, and really would like to have ACC that follows at a reasonable distance (not 3-4 car lengths at 70 mph) so I may try taking it to another dealer.

I also get to roll the dice and see if class S tire chains will clear the inside of my 275 20” rear tires. Pretty sure they will, as I have two fingers of clearance at the narrowest point. My Denali is 4WD, but it will see HEAVY snow several times a year. Yes, I know what the manual says.
I’m thinking Titan TC2327 from etrailer.com. Yes, I’ve read the tire chain threads.

Last edited:
OP
OP
R

robphelan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Boatguy, for all your info..

I currently have a 2013 Denali with the 6.2 gas glutton and i do drive quite a bit - 75% highway 25% city. So much so that I don't even look at the gas pump anymore. I just swipe my card and pump to full - i'm too afraid of becoming depressed over how much $$ i spend in gas every month.

Things I love: power assist steps, moonroof, all that lovely, lovely horsepower.

Things I don't like: cheap plastic bits (buttons, knobs), 3rd row leg room, removing 3rd row seats is a PITA - those things must weigh 75lbs each.

My boss actually has pretty much the same vehicle but with the 5.7L and he really wishes he went for the bigger engine.

Right now, i'm really torn between a 2017 Denali and a 2018 pre-owned Expedition. The Expy Limited is actually about 5k cheaper, but the Platinums are about 10k more expensive. The 2018's are apparently a lot more luxurious... i'm not excited about losing HP - i believe the Expy's have 375 in the turbo V6 (another thing i'm not excited about - losing 2 cylinders).

I haven't been able to take one on a test drive yet.. will be doing that sometime this week.

As an aside, I moved from the stock 20" to aftermarket 22"s on my Denali.. back in March, I went in to buy new tires at Discount Tire and told the sales guy that my priorities were: 1) comfort/smoothness 2) handling 3) stopping distance

He had some new software tool that sorted on preferences and popped up a set of Yokohamas - they are like a dream on smooth roads. It really feels like I'm gliding down the highway. I'm really, really happy with those tires.

I'm checking the receipt and they are 285/45 R22 114H XL BSW Looks like model# YK-HTX

Paid 832 for the set of 4, not counting warranty & installation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne