Prices Paid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local dealer went through the add and said that they were combining incentives between the lease and $1500 cash back,and he said it was one or the other.

To local dealer had a LS for 40k and out the door was 44k. They just said they would match that offer to reel me in once I was there they showed me all the incentives.

So they lied to you.

Here’s what I’d do.

Send an email to multiple dealers (BCC) as far away as you are willing to travel. Send them a build sheet for what you want and tell them that you would like them to respond with their best offer on any identical/similar vehicles.

I did this for my wife’s Mercedes and got 8% off sticker by sending one email to 5 dealers.

And that’s before even really negotiating.

If a dealer told me they’d sell me a car for $37k and then I drove there and they said ‘oh sorry, it’s actually $44k’ I’d be out the door before they could say ‘well let me see what my manager can do’. Total bs dude.

Eddylo714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So they lied to you.

Here’s what I’d do.

Send an email to multiple dealers (BCC) as far away as you are willing to travel. Send them a build sheet for what you want and tell them that you would like them to respond with their best offer on any identical/similar vehicles.

I did this for my wife’s Mercedes and got 8% off sticker by sending one email to 5 dealers.

And that’s before even really negotiating.

If a dealer told me they’d sell me a car for $37k and then I drove there and they said ‘oh sorry, it’s actually $44k’ I’d be out the door before they could say ‘well let me see what my manager can do’. Total bs dude.

Yea it was all B.S the sales person that I was exchanging emails with and supposed to meet up that day didn't even show up. I had to talk to someone else. So once that happened I had a feeling we weren't going to get the deal I had talked about.

When they gave me that OTD price of $44k, I told them that I would do $41k and he said he couldn't go that low. So I got up shook his hand and said thanks.

I was able to drive the Tahoe, but I might just wait until September, and go at it again. By that time I know the 2020's will be arriving so it will be my turn to shine :p.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another option might be to try Authority Auto. I have no affiliation with them, not incentivized at all but just offer as an option because they were knowleable, professional, and easy to work with. After I negotiated down as far as I thought I could get them, they got another $800 off. Normally they split the difference on whatever extra savings they get you, but they said don’t worry about it. Also based in SoCal (Burbank maybe). No costs whatsoever if they can’t get you a better deal.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about Costco, don't they offer a car buying service through certain Dealers or Edmunds.com as I think they send your contact information to several Dealers who respond based on what you are looking for via email only so you don't have to give them your contact number. I know on the Honda Type R forum it seems the California Dealers are the hardest ones to deal with in reference to pricing out of all the states.

Eddylo714

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So my local dealer has been calling me that they want to talk to me, about the Tahoe I test drove.

They are dropping 1k and they said they have incentives I qualify for. I told them to send me an email with the new offer and that i would review it. If they send it I'll talk to other dealers see if they can go lower

I talked to my credit union and they sent email to their no haggle dealer ship. Same specs 2019 LS Tahoe they wanted 46k before TTL.

I'm willing to wait until December for the car unless I get a good deal right now.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You may not be able to find a 2019 in December as the new 2020 is due out later this year. I would not recommend an early first year model until they get all the kinks worked out. If you really want a 2019 I would be working hard to make it happen.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my Latest ride is a 2009 Tahoe Hybrid daily driver "beater" was 54k MSRP bought for $6,600.00 a few months ago LOL what a deal.
09 Tahoe zeke.jpg
One before that was a New 2018 Sierra Denali Ultimate MSRP 64k bought in June 2018 at 46k + TN sales tax at Laura GMC in Collinsville IL.
It stays parked in the garage most of the time....
IMG_6108.jpg
IMG_6683.jpg

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hate to revive an old thread but we made the mistake of selling our Denali last summer and buying a truck that ended up being a Lemon.....

Now we are back in the market for another family hauler. What kind of discounts are people seeing end of model year right now and are the rebates stackable currently?

Current offers until 5/31/2019 show..

$4,500 Special Equipment
$1,500 Customer Cash

Looking to stack them and go into holdback to purchase a Suburban the dealer has had a while.

Blueinterceptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I understand it there are
1500 cash back and 1500 in a financing incentive that cannot be piggybacked onto the 0% deal. Or there is 0% financing for 72 months
The 4500 equipment special is on the Costco special trucks.

I am about to pickup a 19 Tahoe premier at less than invoice and 3k off by using the gm card roughly 11% off sticker

Got-Boost?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the $4,500 is only on the Premier Ultimate package unless the dealers are bs'n?

What's the GM card special?

Did you order or choose from dealer inventory??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne