Premier Vs RST

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Have you considered a Yukon instead? It may have less wood grain and more metal looking accents, not sure, never seen an SLT interior in person. Of course, your whole dilemma is wait for your RST or take this Premiere…so I guess that isn’t really the best suggestion.
I have but everything is damn near impossible to get right now. These are my two options. I also am a bigger fan of the Tahoe’s external looks more than the Yukons. Appreciate the suggestion though.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
If you need a new vehicle within the next 4-6 months, take the option that you have in hand and available to you now before somebody else gets it from under you. Budget 2-4k for "aftermarket mods" to tweek the appreance to what you prefer.

If it's not a NEED, then hold out for what you specifically want to order.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
If you need a new vehicle within the next 4-6 months, take the option that you have in hand and available to you now before somebody else gets it from under you. Budget 2-4k for "aftermarket mods" to tweek the appreance to what you prefer.

If it's not a NEED, then hold out for what you specifically want to order.
Agreed. Literally my approach. Hence the post.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Have you figured out exactly how much time you feel you can get away with your current arrangement without needing the new rig ?

Furthermore, might wanna double check on Monday if the dealer you were talking with still has it available. Cause as I am sure you have read, these dealerships n "salesmen" have no problem just throwing a huge market adjustment on the in-transit rigs and having it sold with few issues within a couple days.

OP
OP
Tahoe5280

Tahoe5280

Reaction score
Have you figured out exactly how much time you feel you can get away with your current arrangement without needing the new rig ?

Furthermore, might wanna double check on Monday if the dealer you were talking with still has it available. Cause as I am sure you have read, these dealerships n "salesmen" have no problem just throwing a huge market adjustment on the in-transit rigs and having it sold with few issues within a couple days.
All good points. Will use the wife’s car and bring her to and from work if needed as I work from home.

Am staying in close contact withy dealer. Have a “signed” quote/agreement but you never know so I am staying close to them. Feel fairly confident they will not undercut me.

We shall see.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for these!
Doesn’t look bad. Would prefer it to be more black then brown but not horrible. Still seems a bit dated of a look.
The wood trim in my Yukon is a dark black with some gray patterns in it, its almost the same color of the dash.

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
Correct me if i'm wrong....but don't some aftermarket modifications potentially conflict with waiving the manufacturer's warranty? A dealership may not buyback your vehicle if that's the case.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
im sure that is the case for any performance enhancing mods that you may do. But i dont believe that would be the case with cosmetic mods such as a blackout package over the chrome pieces

firsttimetahoe

Reaction score
im sure that is the case for any performance enhancing mods that you may do. But i dont believe that would be the case with cosmetic mods such as a blackout package over the chrome pieces

I looked further into it. There is a grey area when it comes to it because technically if they can prove a modification caused an issue to the car, it would void the warranty. At that point you’re fighting with the Manufacturer.

If anything, a dealer may just tell you sorry I’m not paying you for the mods you put in because I plan on restoring the look back to the original condition of the car. So you can lose out there….

Bigkevschopshop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dont know how long you intend on keeping it. But here is my .02

5 years or more.... RST order, yeah the idea of buying the Premier and trading in isnt bad but taxes etc you will get your fudge packed for about 5 to 10k I think depending on your states tax laws etc.

2-5 Years

Get what you can actually get right now. Make it yours... Instead of silver trim over the grain, Id suggest something like black chrome wrap or body color. Wraps can be removed so when you sell its stock as build sheet and you get a few hundred more.

Exterior, wrap or exchange to get the blacked out look your after. You can buy the RST grill OEM and swap it, wheels easy swap at dealer. Mirror caps as mentioned above.

I think you get more out of the premier trim than the RST bang for buck since most RST are LT trims upgraded. If you love the RST badge. Do the work and put the RST badge on there too.

All in all, sometimes making your ride what you want vs what the factory packages can give is rewarding, sometimes cheaper, but alot more fine tuned and you stand out from the crowd etc.

All on what you want and evidently your not pinching pennies here so two roads... Premier it and make it yours, or order what you want and get it in a year. If worried about interest rates then Id suggest grabbing that Premier now. I got my Burb Last sept at 2.85%, they are raising interest rates to curb inflation as we speak so do what suits you best and your family man.