Premier Plus or Performance Package in 2020

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twernst

Reaction score
Anyone gotten these new or used? Really like the 6.2 but don’t want RST. Not sure I want to go up to Yukon. Looking for low mileage CPO or dealer DEMO.

ketleone

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have but prefer the look of the Tahoe front end. Oddly I like the 2021 Yukon better than the 2021 Tahoe.

I agree with liking the new Yukon front end more than the Tahoe. With that said, I can't spend that much so looking at something in this generation.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd love to have a 6.2 in K2xx truck/SUV, but the damn 8-speed is too much of a crapshoot for me to take the plunge. Yet. Well that, and the price... LOL! :D

I know, I know... Not all of them encounter issues and all that and even the 6-speeds have their issues, but still. Just a personal comfort zone for now. It'll probably still change, just like my perception changed about AFM. I used to dread it, but now it's pretty much a non-issue for me. Something to be aware of, but if you want a newer truck/SUV, you're bound to have it, so you just have to deal with it. Same goes with the tranny as time goes on and more gears are added to them.

Fatrusty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I traded my 2015 Chev Silverado LTZ for the 2017 Yukon SLT. Just felt like no power with the 5.3 and 5 speed. The kids got a Denali XL and wow. The difference between the 5.3 and the 6.2 with the 10 speed was like night and day. You may be able to pick up an nice used one with the 6.2 if you look around. I have always have been a GM guy. I found the Tahoe grill missing something.
Good luck.

Boatguy272

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 on the 8 speed. I just picked up a CPO 2015 Sierra Denali with the 6.2 and 8 speed for my DD. The dealership I bought it from has lifetime powertrain warranties on their CPO vehicles so I took a shot. It had the shutter on the test drive at 50 mph +- at light throttle, they did the fluid swap and it has been flawless in the couple of weeks I have owned it since. Truck had 34,000 miles on the day of purchase. If anyone is curious.......I'm getting 21 MPG mixed driving back and forth to work on 93 octane. I ran it low and will be trying a local gas station that has 90 octane No Ethanol fuel for a comparison for a couple of tanks.

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just my .02 on the 8 speed. I just picked up a CPO 2015 Sierra Denali with the 6.2 and 8 speed for my DD. The dealership I bought it from has lifetime powertrain warranties on their CPO vehicles so I took a shot. It had the shutter on the test drive at 50 mph +- at light throttle, they did the fluid swap and it has been flawless in the couple of weeks I have owned it since. Truck had 34,000 miles on the day of purchase. If anyone is curious.......I'm getting 21 MPG mixed driving back and forth to work on 93 octane. I ran it low and will be trying a local gas station that has 90 octane No Ethanol fuel for a comparison for a couple of tanks.

Good to hear the fluid change worked. Most of the time it does seem to work. But yours is quite low mile truck to begin with.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Reaction score
me too, even last gen is expensive. looking for the right one to make it worth it.

OP
OP
twernst

twernst

Reaction score
on the TD of the '19 Denali Short the 6.2 and 10 spd drove like a dream. I had the 10 spd in my 18 Expedition Plat. Max, but just wasn't a fan of the TT6.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094