PPV wheel bearings

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hemi5oh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, new guy here. I just got myself a 2014 PPV and I was under it yesterday doing and oil change and general once over. I noticed the front wheel bearings/hubs are splined like they should have a cv shaft going through it. They have been in there for a while by the looks of it, and could very well be original. My question is is this normal? Are the 4wd and 2wd hubs the same? I was always under the impression that they needed the cv stub shaft bolted in to keep the unit bearings together. Is that not the case with these GMs? It goes down the road great, and I've put on probably 500 or so miles, so it all seems good, I just want to make sure I'm not going to kill a bus full of nuns or something driving it around like that. Thanks.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read about mixed answers to that question and reports of them falling apart because of not having the spindle bolted into it. I don't think there is a definitive answer

OP
OP
H

hemi5oh

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know how they are held together, but lets hope it works. Having the stub shaft bolted in makes sense, but hopefully I'm good without it. So far so good anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518