PPV Caprice?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these vehicles? I have seen a few in my area with 40-50K miles for $13-15k and with the 6.0 seems like a no brainer for a powerful family sedan. Interiors are basic cloth and need some interior refinement as expected, but at that mileage for what is essentially a bare bones Chevy SS seems like a great deal. Sorry, didn't see any other part of the forum I could post in.

WDTSuburban15

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with these vehicles? I have seen a few in my area with 40-50K miles for $13-15k and with the 6.0 seems like a no brainer for a powerful family sedan. Interiors are basic cloth and need some interior refinement as expected, but at that mileage for what is essentially a bare bones Chevy SS seems like a great deal. Sorry, didn't see any other part of the forum I could post in.
Difference is the caprice is a 6.0l vs 6.2l in SS. It's more like a G8 than an SS but it still gets up and goes.

sacsrpc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned several 2011-2014s Caprices. They are a great bargain for the money. Stick with the 2014 and newer ones with the updated interior and it will not feel outdated.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Indeed, great vehicle. We have a '12 I use as my DD. I've already updated the suspension with new coil-overs and sway bars. I have a whole pile of parts to put in it when I get time, but am enjoying it now. Fun autocross car, too. ;)

There's a VERY active forum specifically for these vehicles, with all sorts of different configurations, including some pretty high-HP setups. The forum is here: http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/
http://www.newcaprice.com/forum/

Solace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great cars, get one 14+ for a better interior. The 6.0 makes it a great sleeper. Only issue is parts but if youre in an area where they commonly used then it should be no issue.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends a lot on mileage and condition. At auction, it's not uncommon to get one with the usual wear and tear for the $8K range. If they have low mileage, that price can go up a couple of K. Over 100K miles, the price drops. You can find them on reseller lots in decent condition in the $15-$18K range, depending on condition.

Because of high-idle times, some seem to succumb to the dreaded DOD lifter failure, but the repair seems to work okay, and folks have a LOT of miles on the same engine after this is repaired. Our 85K '12 had the cam and couple of lifters replaced while in service at about 40K miles. It runs fine. I may some day do a cam update, and if I do that I'll remove the DOD, but until then.

Many G8/SS/Camaro/CTS parts swap into these cars, offering a lot of options to build one for you. You have to pick and choose, though, as some 'obvious' swap parts won't (the PPV has about 3" of additional wheelbase as opposed to the G8 and SS, most of it in the back seat area, for instance).

Polease

Reaction score
I have a g8. the 6.0 is a great engine and easy to add more power.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons