PPV AFM ?’s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
To see if it is a motor mount hold brake down tap the accelerator. Rev motor and see if there is a knock. If so it's your drivers side mount. That's the one that lifts when u accelerate.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just adding to this post. Sorry I'm a recent new member (Feb 14 join date).
I have a retired Florida FHP 2012 PPV Tahoe which I recently bought at an auction and it does have AFM so I'm assuming all Tahoes including SSV and PPVs have AFM. When I'm driving, I notice it kicks in at various speeds above 25 MPH. I've driven as slow as 45 MPH and see it switch to V4 mode so its not set at a predetermined speed.

V4 engages based on engine load and vacuum. It will time out after ten minutes if memory serves.

balln2k11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a terrible time with my AFM on my 09. I changed plugs, wires, motor / trans mounts, brake pads & rotors trying to figure out why my PPV would shake at low speeds when braking. The DIC would show it was the change from V8 to V4 caused the drama.

Used a DiabloSport Tuner and was able to turn off AFM/DOD and problem solved.

If your going to change your plugs, know that plug #8 will make a grown man cry. have a friend to help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3