POWERSTOP Z36 Truck and Tow Performance Kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like them. Fairly quiet, low dust, great bite. Rotors don't seem to last more than a few years though. Installed power stop rotors on the 05 tahoe & twice on an 01 yukon have worn VERY fast.... They didn't warp but start to thin quicker than OEM and you can see the vents become less and less pronounced way quicker than I'd expect. A little pad sticking and your rotor will be toast before the pad even wears out.. I do brakes bi-annually on my trucks and noticed rotors thinning a bit already on the 15 yukon after 15K. But.. I also towed a lot with them with great performance and they're still working awesome. Going to try and reach out to a old friend locally who has a business called Frozen Rotors. They're cryogenically frozen and built to hold up better... there just more than I'd like to pay at the moment.

Last edited:

Bagherra

Reaction score
I dont do any towing with my '16 Denali but looking to get the slotted/ drilled rotor package from Powerstop. But only plannint to get the rotor and pad combo not the calipers.

This a good idea?

OP
OP
BeenChevy

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont do any towing with my '16 Denali but looking to get the slotted/ drilled rotor package from Powerstop. But only plannint to get the rotor and pad combo not the calipers.

This a good idea?
The price and performance are good in my opinion. Having purchased these kits multiple times for multiple vehicles, the longevity of the rotors is sub-par even with seldom towing in my opinion. Consider a better more durable rotor is my suggestion.

Bagherra

Reaction score
The price and performance are good in my opinion. Having purchased these kits multiple times for multiple vehicles, the longevity of the rotors is sub-par even with seldom towing in my opinion. Consider a better more durable rotor is my suggestion.
What rotor would you suggest?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT