PowerStop Brake Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AaronDenaliXL08

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am looking at upgrading the brakes on my 08 Yukon XL from stock to something with better stopping power and lower fade from heat. I think I have landed on the PowerStop upgrade kit, but I can't decide between the Z23 or the Z36. I don't do a lot of towing, but I do tow occasionally, and for only $30 more I'm inclined to do the top of the line Z36. However, the guy at the local parts store warned me that the Z36 would be very aggressive, and would make a lot of noise when the rotors are cold. This is my wife's vehicle, so I don't want the stopping power to be too aggressive, and the least amount of brake noise, the better. Can anyone compare/contrast these two options for me? Have you used either/both? Which do you prefer?

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a full Z36 kit on my 2006 xl Denali. And I have the bigger GMT900 sized brakes on the front. I absolutely love them and they’re quiet as a mouse. Never any noise. They perform incredibly well. But I went Z36 because I have 20 wheels with heavy tires, I tow a fair bit, I live in a mountain ski town I drive the mountainous roads all the time which was all 3 qualifications for the Z36 kit. You won’t be disappointed if you go with Z36 kit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons