Power Wire Ran Under Truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased 4 sundown SA12s for my yukon so it’s time for some amp/electrical upgrades. I currently have my 1/0 power wire ran through the firewall and under the plastics on the inside, but I want to run it on the outside for the rebuild. However I don’t have a clue how to run it. If anyone has done it before could I get some advice/pictures of it? I’m planning on purchasing 2 25’ strands to potentially run 2 runs at some point.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I recently purchased 4 sundown SA12s for my yukon so it’s time for some amp/electrical upgrades. I currently have my 1/0 power wire ran through the firewall and under the plastics on the inside, but I want to run it on the outside for the rebuild. However I don’t have a clue how to run it. If anyone has done it before could I get some advice/pictures of it? I’m planning on purchasing 2 25’ strands to potentially run 2 runs at some point.
Are you coming up in the cargo area? I would buy some black wire loom and just follow the wires running down the frame rail making sure to secure it with clamps or p-tys (plastic wire ties)

RRWW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'd use loom or plastic electrical conduit for protection. A good grommet makes the transition into the cabin clean.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran a 0 gauge under the frame to the back and then up thru where the tail light harness goes, just covered it with loom and zip tied in several places, mine runs down the passenger side. really easy to do.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tentative plan is to run down the driver’s side and come up somewhere through the floor. I just bought 50’ ofc 1/0. I’m open to anything though

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doubeleive do you happen to have pictures? I think I know what you mean but I’m not 100%. Seems like it’d be the easiest/safest option

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For future reference this is how I ran my wire. I kept it on the driver’s side. From my fuse holder mounted to the fuse box I ran it with the loom. I followed it all the way to the second door. From there I pulled the fender liner, and kept running it with the factory loom. I took out the stock jack and unbolted the bracket, and drilled a 3/4 hole where the jack was, I ran the wire up there and to my dist block. If you plan to do the same thing make sure to use cable ties and keep the wire up out of the way and tight

Mike baker

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had to run mine under too two run of 2/0 gauge