Power windows work, mirrors and lock do not

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have an '02 Tahoe SSV.

All of my windows work from each of the door controls. However, my locks do not work from either side, and the mirrors won't move from the control.

Nothing worked from the driver's door when I first got it, so I pulled the switches and cleaned them.

Everything worked fine after that. Then suddenly stopped when I was doing an amp draw test for a dead battery issue.

I've have checked all the fuses, including the "sub" fuse that handles just the mirrors and locks. The locks will automatically lock when I start driving, and all will unlock when I put it in park. (which means I have go lock every door after)

Is there a relay that would allow the automatic locks to work, but not off the switch?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not. Mirror switch, lock switch, or both?
usually you can find them used as a complete set, junk yard or ebay, dorman might make a direct replacement, rockauto probably carries it pretty reasonable hard to beat there prices most of the time.

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'll check around. Just a little weird they both crapped out at the same time.

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Well, I popped in a new mirror switch today, and no good. I tested all of the wires running into the harnesses, and the only one that shows 12v is the double black wire at the end of the door lock switch. That seems odd to me...

OP
OP
M

mrkid

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, the truck spent most of the summer parked, and I did not do anymore troubleshooting until today.

On the mirror control, I get power at all the center terminals. This is testing the plug, not the switch.

On the rear plug in the windows and lock switch assembly, I get power at the purple, proper ground at all the black wires, and minimal power on the window switches when pushed.

The only thing I see common to the mirrors and locks is an orange wire. I have two coming in the rear plug on the master switch, neither has power.

I'm also having trouble locating sp203 or ground 203. It is supposed to be on the upper left of the dash, but i'm not sure if I need to pull the dash off, or just remove the controls and vents in the upper left of the dash.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505