Power window for 2001 Tahoe - Rock Auto Part Dilemma

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KiwiClive

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, I live in New Zealand so don't have the parts access that you guys do . I have to use Rock Auto as they ship overseas and have the best prices. My 2001 Tahoe arrived from Japan ( shipped new to Japan) and sadly the left rear window is taped up so I suspect thats a motor and regulator, then i tried the right rear and goes down but only goes back up an inch or 2 and stops. So maybe I get a regulator and motor for that side too. The issue i have is that Rock auto has so any brands Wai Global, Aisin, VDO Continental. Who has a brand recommendation for me? I want long reliability so I have to bite the bullet on cost. I haven't inspected either without the door panel yet ( the rear window buttons don't work ( you hear 1 click when trying) but that is probably another issue. Recommendations / help appreciated! I can use Amazon but they appear to be more expensive than Rock Auto

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As for the window motors I would grab a genuine AC Delco since the prices arent high at all. If you have to go lower then just grab an A1 Cardone rebuild. A1 Cardone has been around a very long time. They rebuild everything! Starters, alternators, modules, water pumps, cv halfshafts, you name it. Even the AC Delco regulators are cheap enough. I would first identify what the problem is so you arent spending money on parts that arent bad.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B