Power steering w/hydroboost problem turning left

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rack and pinion on a C/K chassis? What are you smoking?

Could be the STEERING GEARBOX but id also look at ball joints, tierods and even cv halfshaft.
it does probably need ball joints, did the tie rods and pitman arm/control arm last year, skipped the ball joints i'm probably going to just buy upper and lower control arms with the ball joints here in the some what near future.

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Rack and pinion on a C/K chassis? What are you smoking?

Could be the STEERING GEARBOX but id also look at ball joints, tierods and even cv halfshaft.
I didn’t realize the GMT800 was still on linkage style steering. Thought they phased that out end of GMT400. Linkage steering on my S10 was awesome because you can shove grease in the fittings but I though it fell out of fasion along with the spider style fuel injectors of the 4.3/5.7 vortecs.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does probably need ball joints, did the tie rods and pitman arm/control arm last year, skipped the ball joints i'm probably going to just buy upper and lower control arms with the ball joints here in the some what near future.
It is quite possible that you have a ball joint binding up. I had this problem on 99 K1500 (Sierra) and on my 2005 Yukon Denali. The ball joints were shot. The Denalis Ball joints literally fell apart when I remove the steering knuckle. I knew the front end on the Denali needed a full rebuild when I bought it and I used that as a bargaining chip when I bought it. It was so bad that the Yukon would pull to the left hard after you straightened out from turning left then after turning to the right it would pull hard to the right.

Last edited:

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn’t realize the GMT800 was still on linkage style steering. Thought they phased that out end of GMT400. Linkage steering on my S10 was awesome because you can shove grease in the fittings but I though it fell out of fasion along with the spider style fuel injectors of the 4.3/5.7 vortecs.
Nope. My 2003 Tahoes and 2005 Yukon Denali all have a steering gearbox. Im too poor to know whats in the 2007 and up so I would have to steal one and crawl underneath and have a look.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If a flex or rotational (ball joint, tie rod or CV) assembly is going out it could give you the intermittent problem, only occurring when it hits flat spot or is pulled out of place.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kentf3