Power steering questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

07_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys,
A couple days ago my power steering pump went out on my 2007 Tahoe. I've been calling around and cannot find a new pump only re manufactured. They say the vehicle is too "vintage" to be building new pumps which I find strange. So with that being said are any of you guys running re manufactured pumps and if so how are they holding up? I have heard so stories of the pumps not lasting very long and even sounding worse right out of the box compared to the old one. Thanks

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I would go with a reputable company and not worry too much about it.

If you have never changed a power steering pump before just make sure you bleed the system really well by turning the steering wheel from lock to lock several times while it's running after you fill it with fluid.

Don't be surprised if it makes a bit of noise during this process.

After you turn it lock to lock a few times then turn it off and let it sit for a while to get the air bubbles out of the fluid.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
A couple days ago my power steering pump went out on my 2007 Tahoe. I've been calling around and cannot find a new pump only re manufactured. They say the vehicle is too "vintage" to be building new pumps which I find strange. So with that being said are any of you guys running re manufactured pumps and if so how are they holding up? I have heard so stories of the pumps not lasting very long and even sounding worse right out of the box compared to the old one. Thanks

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-20756714-Original-Equipment-Steering/dp/B0049Z6VDM

Brand New not Reman.

OP
OP
07_Tahoe

07_Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am just gonna go with the A1 Cardone reman pump if anyone has used one of those? That's only one I can find around here and I need my truck back on the road. If worse comes to worse I will end up going with that oem one. Thanks for the link @swathdiver that will be next up if this fails

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As you might know by now, your local auto parts stores don't usually carry much OEM stuff. They seem to like to sell reman and house brand parts. Amazon or Rock Auto carry more. I usually look up the parts on a GM dealership website like www.gmpartsgiant.com and then shop around.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts