Power steering pump question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I am attempting to source a new power steering pump for my 04 Burb as mine sounds a bit gravelly (technical language of course) but I am having some difficulties. The local parts supplier that I use all the time says they only show a couple of different pumps and the differentiating factor is the Y91 option code. My truck does not have this RPO code but it does have AWD and the JH2 (7,200lb hydraulic power brakes) option which according to Rock Auto means a different pump. Since I am in Canada its difficult to order from Rock Auto sometimes due to the duties and shipping involved and I would prefer to order from the local supplier. Any help on this?

OP
OP
S

shegarty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update - looks like the pump I need is going to be cheaper to order from Rock Auto. Another question, how difficult is it to replace the input shaft seal on the steering gear? Mine is leaking, not too bad right now but we have a road trip coming up and I would like to address it before we leave. A whole new gear costs an arm and a leg so that isn't really an option right now as the gears don't appear to be worn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu