Power steering loss ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

garett

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Can’t you just remove the pintle from inside the EVO/solenoid to “eliminate” the variable assist functionality completely?

OP
OP
J

jimpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It sure is, long. I meant 180* degrees. Back to problem solution. Power steering now works right.
The O'Reily reman., 20 month old pump failed. The body is cracked internally and the inner plate was bowed out. So now i question if the EVO solenoid is good. Coil resistance is good. And that's as far as I went.

Blk00ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, do '01's have hydroboost? I ask because our '05 suffered a loss of power brakes and power steering (at the same time) just for a bit about a year ago on a really cold day. After much searching and reading I learned about hydroboost and how the PS works in conjunction with the PB. And when something lets go, you typically lose PS and PB. I did a flush (ranger style) by removing fluid from the PS tank via a motocross fork oil level tool and added fresh fluid back. I've done this maybe 3 times in the past year and the fluid is much cleaner now, and the PS seems to be better and less noisy. The fluid that came out looked like Pepsi.

OP
OP
J

jimpec

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine does not have HB. But some unit may. IDK.
Mine crashed at -8*F. The return line hose clamp was loose and I suspect now, that the air which infiltrated the pump may have frozen. This lead to the result of a cracked pump. Or O'reily reman. failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons