1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting a video

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Feedback' started by NE-KID, Feb 23, 2020.

1. NE-KID

NE-KID TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jamie
    What is the post count total I would need to post a video on the website? At post count 20 I was able to add a photo of my ride in my signature.

2. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Unless you find differently, it should be the same. I have seen newbies post pics of their rides on their very first post but am unsure about the signature pic. I would assume that if the site allows pics with a first post that the video would also be ok. Again, I am not 100% for certain.

wjburken and NE-KID like this.
  3. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    you just load it up on youtube and put the link in a post and it will show and play, I don't think there is any post count requirement at all.

4. NE-KID

NE-KID TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jamie
    I would think that to but I followed the image code and so far it shows a red x when I post the video for some reason. I am doing the image code right and the video link as well.

5. NE-KID

NE-KID TYF Newbie

Name:
    Jamie
    My issue is my Internet provider/Windstream upload times are harsh so that is why I am using imgur for right now until Windstream turns on the new hub for my neighborhood here soon.

6. wjburken

wjburken Supporting Member

Name:
    Wade
    There is a size limit of what can be uploaded. I get that in various pictures I try and upload. You can increase it by becoming a supporting member if I am not mistaken. Outside of that, as Wes stated, most folks post a link to YouTube for videos.

PNW VietVet likes this.
  7. Doubeleive

Doubeleive Supporting Member

Name:
    Wes
    you can make a media folder and add bigger files in there and then insert them into post's, if you have slow internet but a fast 4g phone you can upload files faster from your phone, I get about 24mb on my Verizon phone, my cable internet is much faster but if you have dsl it's usually slower then hell

PNW VietVet likes this.