Posted my retired patrol Tahoe.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know the Exploder went to a uni-body, dumb idea.

It escapes me why no auto-maker makes a dedicated patrol car. The '68 Plymouth Belvedere, '88 Dodge Diplomat, 2008 Ford Crown Victoria, etc. all made excellent patrol cars and could have been kept in service much longer, like how the military rebuilds their equipment. But then, what do I know? I'm not a cop and never played one!

What do you think about that Larry?

OP
OP
popo8

popo8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Didn't know the Exploder went to a uni-body, dumb idea.

It escapes me why no auto-maker makes a dedicated patrol car. The '68 Plymouth Belvedere, '88 Dodge Diplomat, 2008 Ford Crown Victoria, etc. all made excellent patrol cars and could have been kept in service much longer, like how the military rebuilds their equipment. But then, what do I know? I'm not a cop and never played one!

What do you think about that Larry?
Ive been a cop since I was 25 in 2001 and a car guy since before I could drive... Im not sure which one of those parts of me plus the fact that Im an OLD GUY lets me now say, "they just dont make stuff as good as they used to." Lol.

Seriously though, everything is sooooo disposable but for 3 times the price anymore...

2002 Two Tone Escalade