Post your lifts.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Hey I’m sure this question has been posted and beaten more than a dead horse on here somewhere. I’m wanting to level and clear 33x12.50x17 tires on my 05 LT. I already know I want to get new torsion keys and shocks all the way around. Will I need anything else in order to clear the 33’s? And will I be able to run 33’s on my factory wheels? Not looking to go crazy with this ride as my daughters get tired of climbing in and out of my rides already from previous lifted trucks. I’ve seen lots of ppl on here saying the bilstein 5100 shocks and keys.

Add the z71 springs for the rear, and MAYBE a spacer depending on how much you crank the front. Your might end up needing a little plastic trimming, but you should be good.

dojrs

Reaction score
Add the z71 springs for the rear, and MAYBE a spacer depending on how much you crank the front. Your might end up needing a little plastic trimming, but you should be good.

Will I be able to use the factory wheels?

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final picture: Lift + new tires (285/75/16 Falken Wildpeak AT3W):

View attachment 174331

OK, so I'm quoting my own message from almost 2 years ago in this thread to ask a question: I'm really not happy with the way the rear end sits just slightly lower than the front, even with the Z71 springs. When I pull a trailer it's even worse (though I do have a WD hitch that helps a lot.)

My question for the group: I'd like the rear to be a smidge higher, but not too high. So should I get a 1" spacer or a 2" spacer? Seems to me that a 1" spacer is not neccessarily going to give me 1" of lift because the spacer just pushes up the spring and the spring just compresses a little more, right? So would a 2" be better?

And with either one, am I going to need longer shocks? I don't really want to replace the Bilstein 5100's I put in back in 2016 if I don't have to.

00'BlueSteel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A 1” spacer should give you exactly 1” Of lift. If you put the spacer on top of the spring you will be moving the body up 1” from the spring. And if you got the 0-3” 5100s then you’ll be fine keeping the ones you have.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to use the factory wheels?

I've been running 33's (285/75/16) on the factory "cyclone" wheels for almost 2 years now. No rubbing at all. Z71 springs in the back (my 'Burb is an LT) and eBay lift keys up front. Runs great, handles well. I'm a pretty mild off roader (you don't take a Suburban onto gnarly trails anyway!) and this setup has worked very well for me. I'm pretty happy overall, my total investment in my lift is under $600 and that includes the $150 I had to pay to a shop to bust the factory T-bar keys loose (they were rusted in place - thanks to my truck spending it's first 8 years in Wisconsin!)

dojrs

Reaction score
I've been running 33's (285/75/16) on the factory "cyclone" wheels for almost 2 years now. No rubbing at all. Z71 springs in the back (my 'Burb is an LT) and eBay lift keys up front. Runs great, handles well. I'm a pretty mild off roader (you don't take a Suburban onto gnarly trails anyway!) and this setup has worked very well for me. I'm pretty happy overall, my total investment in my lift is under $600 and that includes the $150 I had to pay to a shop to bust the factory T-bar keys loose (they were rusted in place - thanks to my truck spending it's first 8 years in Wisconsin!)

thanks for the info man!! as far as i know mine has never seen snow, ice, or salt due to being in south Georgia 99% of its life as far as i know. bought it from a preacher's daughter i knew growing up so I trust her and her husband. I need a driver leather seat cover tan/shale I think. other than that it's in really nice shape. Mine's an LT also and im gonna start swapping a few asthetic exterior parts (Z71 valance, and roof rack). if anyone has any laying around for the low low $ let me know. thanks yall

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add 3" lift spindles and bilstein 5100s all around. My question is the the shocks for the front says up to 2.5" lift. Will I be fine or will I need to get shock extenders?802064afa1ef3b1f9444554cb1d263b6.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to add 3" lift spindles and bilstein 5100s all around. My question is the the shocks for the front says up to 2.5" lift. Will I be fine or will I need to get shock extenders?

I'm pretty sure Bilstein makes multiple lengths to accound for lift, why not just use a longer shock and avoid potential problems?

dszx13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Bilstein makes multiple lengths to accound for lift, why not just use a longer shock and avoid potential problems?
Pretty much everything I see online or on a forum people suggest bilstein over rancho, rough country, pro comp and etc. Just want to spend the money once lol. The next size up I've found are for 4-6" lifts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr

Latest posts