Post pics of your systems!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rollin Thunder

Banned for Repeatedly Insulting Members
Reaction score
radio2.jpg

radio3.jpg

THats a rockford fosgate 12" sub under that box. I wanna swap it out with a JL. I just wanna be sure it will fit.

radio4.jpg

yes the seat can still be folded down. I also have a CAP but its under the seat.

I have a pair of polk MM6501 components in the front.
P5020008.jpg

and in the rear I have some kind of polk (the ones that are like 170 from crutchfield) They sound ok. But I think they are the weakest link of my system. I would love to find a kick panel for the rear and throw a second pair of polks back there.

JKmotorsports

Rollin the boosted grocery-getter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pioneer Avic-D3 dd dvd/nav head unit, Pioneer BT-200 bluetooth interface, Ipod interface, Pioneer 910 XM sat/traffic tuner, Pioneer voice recog 6-disc changer (in cntr console), Pioneer CD-RB20 aux ip-bus input, Pioneer ND-BC2 back-up camera, Alpine V12 300w 4-ch amp, Rockford 1000BD mono amp with Punch EQ remote, two sets of Infinity Kappa 6.5" components custom mounted in front doors, Infinity 6.5"co-axials (rear doors), Alpine Type R 12" subs (2) in custom steel/mdf enclosure w/false floor. All Monster Cable ZN interconnects.
3000 watt Vector power inverter, two outlets in rear of truck, one outlet and remote switch on pass side of center console. Dual battery set-up w/PAC isolator, 1/0 ga cable with 200A ANL fuse and 4 way Maxifuse block, 1/0 ga. battery to chassis ground cables, 4 ga. alt to battery cable.
Directed dvd player (in cntr console), Directed 7" widescreen headrest monitors, 8" monitor in custom housing in front cntr console.
Entire interior lined with 100 sq ft of Dynamat Extreme sound deadener and double layer of jute.

Pioneer D3 nav unit:
DSC06163.jpg

8" monitor in custom housing (center console):
Pioneerback-upcam2.jpg

Dual Infinity Kappa components:
Dualcomponentinstall7.jpg

Dualcomponentinstall10.jpg

Dualcomponentinstalltweeter.jpg

Sub system - two Alpine type R 12" subs in custom enclosure. Pushed by RF BD1000 mono amp:
6250217b.jpg

1556ff90.jpg

AlpineTypeR.jpg

DEI headrest monitors:
DEIheadrests3.jpg

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
my system is a sparkler as JK is an entire fireworks display. lol. What do the two speakers in the front do. I wanna do that.

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How hard is it to do? where did the tweets go?? Or only one set of tweeters?

I just added more pics. The tweets are in the a-pillar (same location as 03+). I only used one set.
The mod for two sets of drivers in the doors will take some fabbing for the baffle and to make the panel stiff to prevent flexing from the cone movement. Took me about a day to make the new speaker mounting baffles, re-inforce the panels, wiring, etc.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
how do you like the kappas??? I have not been real impressed with the polks for how expensive they are (like 350 a pair)

JKmotorsports

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, for the money, the Kappas sound good. I never was too impressed with Polk to be honest. I even have Kappas in my Caddi and Camaro, and I've listened to, installed, and owned many different speaker brands. I've had a/d/s, Focals, Bostons, and MB Quartz in the past. IMO, for the money, it's hard to beat the Kappas.

Rollin Thunder

Reaction score
Man, for the money, the Kappas sound good. I never was too impressed with Polk to be honest. I even have Kappas in my Caddi and Camaro, and I've listened to, installed, and owned many different speaker brands. I've had a/d/s, Focals, Bostons, and MB Quartz in the past. IMO, for the money, it's hard to beat the Kappas.

I think im gunna swap these out then. I have never seen the material on the polks used on other speakers. I have seen the material on the infinitys all the time and think its a better material for a speaker.