Possible mag-ride issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
2016 YXL with almost 70K miles.NO leaks from shocks and NO faults when scanned. When I hit a bump in road feels like one of the rear shocks isn't moving up/down because vehicle feels like it's not moving evenly. As if you would twist your hand left and right some is what vehicle feels like. Also ride feel harsher than it use to be. I have snap-on solus scanner but not sure what to look for in data block values. Looking for guidance and I'm keeping suspension stock.

thanks

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They’re locked up. They don’t have to be leaking to do this. Replace both on the axle.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When the MRC shocks get locked up there is no warning light or anything that would show on a “scan”.

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I'll be picking up my boat this week(7000lb) and I presume with engine off I would see some rear sag when connecting boat. I have a dealer warranty, $200 deductible so it's not painful.

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
Engine not running and hooked boat up which has at least 700lb+ tongue weight and vehicle didn't even drop a little as it should until engine started and leveling. To the dealer 4/25

chat soon with updates

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
GMC dealer which they stated front shocks is the issue, I thought it was the rears. Ordered and wait to next visit. That said, how do I check the rears? If I depressurize the rears( with Snap-On Solus) should I see them drop without doing damage to system? Would like GM tech to chime in?

thanks

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air has nothing to do with them being locked up. If you depressurize the system with no additional weight on the rear it will drop a tiny bit but maybe not at all. I don't really know what that would tell you other than the exhaust valve in the compressor works. I use a speed bump in the parking lot for checking them for being locked up.

OP
OP
P

PA-WOODCHUCK

Reaction score
dealer missed the rear were also bad when they checked the front. So... after parts delay also got rear replaced along with air compressor for them. Tech stated compressor wasn't running. All done now and rides great. extended warranty policy more than paid for itself w/only $200 deductible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14