popping noise when turning in reverse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a 95 2 door tahoe, sometimes when i turn while backing up it will make a popping noise when i crank the wheel, any, suggestions? it doesnt make any noises any other time, its done this for over a year now, never could pin point where it was coming from. thought it was the cv shafts but they seem fine, no torn boots they dont twist they move left to right a bit, and i put new hubs on

19Yukon97

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is the torsion bars popping, or ball joints. lol dangit my mind went blank! somebody will chime in soon man. good luck with finding the issue...

OP
OP
ERIC95TAHOE

ERIC95TAHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe it is the torsion bars popping, or ball joints. lol dangit my mind went blank! somebody will chime in soon man. good luck with finding the issue...

it doesnt sound like a ball joint tho its weird, i guess its a click like pop almost have to hear it to understand haha one of my boots on my ball joints is torn so maybe..

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you have aftermarket wheels/tires? If so, check your front inner fenders, your tires might be catching at full crank.

GangstaCowboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue for a long time. It ended up being the rear U-joint going bad.

denalianyone

NYBlackLade08
Reaction score
did you ever pin point the problem? I have the same issue and I checked the front end at a shop and they couldn't find anything wrong.