Poor Backup Camera

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it will take a few years before we see headlights like that on vehicles in the US.

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a federal law (i swear i read an article about this some years back, but could be wrong) against headlights swiveling when you turn your steering wheel, as no vehicle in the us has this function (which i feel would make it safer and easier to see when going around corners). I want to say other countries have this ability allowed in vehicles.
Wife's 2005 Lexus had this, very noticeable when turning 90° turns like onto a side street. I haven't noticed whether the 2014 Lexus we traded it for has this. My Escalade definitely adjusts up-down because it sweeps the full range every time it's started, but I haven't noticed if it does left-right. I'll have to go check that out.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it will take a few years before we see headlights like that on vehicles in the US.
Huhhh? Ram pickups have had this feature for a few years now anyway. Sounds like other manufacturers may have been using it for a while.

Last edited:

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think there is a federal law (i swear i read an article about this some years back, but could be wrong) against headlights swiveling when you turn your steering wheel, as no vehicle in the us has this function (which i feel would make it safer and easier to see when going around corners). I want to say other countries have this ability allowed in vehicles.
There are quite a few vehicles that have adaptive headlights. Some vehicles have had it for decades now.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
huh, you'd think commercials and websites would tout such information as that is considered a high tech feature as well as safety. Guess it isn't so fancy or high tech, but how come i'd never heard about it before? Maybe its due to me not getting vehicles all that often or GM is just behind the curve?

Vladimir2306

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, tell me if there is such a problem that in certain places the camera in the mirror turns off. The mirror turns blue and the image is that the camera is off. The feeling that this is connected precisely with the place during the passage of which such a bug occurs. I suspect that a cable that is not shielded catches interference, and the camera turns off for a while

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal