PO455?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlueCollarTahoe

BlueCollarTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What you need is someone with a tech 2 or equivalent (not just a plain scan tool) to check the evap system. There is a guy (Eric) up in NY that owns his own shop and does alot of vids for even our C/K chassis GM's. Check this video out of his for knowledge of the Evap system and how to troubleshoot it.

Here is a video that goes into the P0455 code and a typical failure cause.

that vid looks good but its for an 07 no? the engine layout looks different in the vid. dont know anyone with one of those machines except the mechanic. i just got a basic scan tool thing. i was thinking about changing the 3 parts that were mentioned earlier ive seen those in some videos. i guess if those three dont fix it thrn ill have the shop take a look. just need some part numbers. worse comes to worse i guess im out some bucks but i did replace some factory pieces with new ones.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i have a similar issue.. where is the vapor canister located.. i changed the vent valve but didnt see a canister anywhere near by? 2001 denali

mine looks exactly like here:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so i have a similar issue.. where is the vapor canister located.. i changed the vent valve but didnt see a canister anywhere near by? 2001 denali

mine looks exactly like here:
Vapor canister is right by the front of the gas tank.

igell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
okay.. so i replaced both solenoids and the vapor canister.. yet i still get this code. I read on another threat that a fueltank sensor might cause this as well... is this my next option?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
okay.. so i replaced both solenoids and the vapor canister.. yet i still get this code. I read on another threat that a fueltank sensor might cause this as well... is this my next option?
Did you try a new GM gas cap? That’s usually the first thing to try.