OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was really surprised it took this long to have a member ask about that Bronco. It is in pristine shape, as you can tell. The owner also has a 65 Mustang convertible that has the factory luggage rack bolted to the top of the trunk. This shop is the only one in town he trusts for his vehicles to be worked on at. Next time I am at the shop and if Bronco or Mustang is there, I will get pics and post them.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Buddy of mine in Illinois bought one of the last year's models of the first gen, I think it was a '77. Same color as that one, and fender shape and hub caps not to be mistaken for something else.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I mean really, all I want to do is drive this thing. It is like driving a flat track racer all the time. Best performance mod I have done bar none. I know most has been stock repairs or maintenance but man, these sway bar kits by Hellwig are the bomb, I cannot say enough about the handling improvement. I feel 10 years younger driving this thing.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, I emailed Digital Dash Solutions about my old dash cluster being sent back to them for the lifetime warranty. I also sent them a pic of the installed new cluster.

I also emailed pics of the Hellwig bars installation process to the "neverenoughauto" seller that they want to feature on their site. I guess they had no pics of any rig with them installed. Now they do. I bet they email back about that old pristine Bronco in the background. Besides the rear main seal and the oil pan gasket repair, I am very very satisfied with the dash cluster and Hellwig bars installs. The cluster look and the bars feel are worth the $ to me. Could not be happier.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been a fan of good handling vehicles. Evasive manouvers at speed save lives and repairs. Fun Too!
Glad you are well satisfied, even that is becoming harder and harder to come by, look at the lowering horror stories!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I know that some, not all, look good lowered but I like a level look better and not lifted. To me handling is key. The handling and brake system efficiency are my two biggest concerns on any vehicle I drive. The engine and transmission performance are next. I look forward to any trip in my rig now, just to get that "feel" again.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, no good news to report about the rear appliques that I bought. The smooth Escalade appliques did not get painted last week as promised and when I went in on Monday they were still sitting in the box I gave my friend. My friend made 2 different excuses that made no sense and then when I drilled down I found he is having marriage problems and from what I found out from other friends that know the guy, he is spiraling out of control and causing marriage problems because of way too much drinking, drugs and a recent DUI. I pulled my parts out and have another source for the work.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, no good news to report about the rear appliques that I bought. The smooth Escalade appliques did not get painted last week as promised and when I went in on Monday they were still sitting in the box I gave my friend. My friend made 2 different excuses that made no sense and then when I drilled down I found he is having marriage problems and from what I found out from other friends that know the guy, he is spiraling out of control and causing marriage problems because of way too much drinking, drugs and a recent DUI. I pulled my parts out and have another source for the work.
Oh boy. Hopefully it doesn’t turn into a year long drama.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I was all set to post some pics today with the new appliques and all buffed out and looking good but now, not so much. I really care about my friend and will talk face to face with him about all this. I don't want him to lose his business. He was one of the few people that talked me off the ledge after March 31, 2011, when my wife had just passed. She being 12 years younger was supposed to out live me. I was unemployed at the time, I started drinking heavily, never did drugs, and not caring at all about anything. After about 3-4 months of that my friends got together and spent the weekend with me. Lots of talk and yelling and screaming later, I came out the other side,. so to speak. Got my first self storage resident manager job and 9.5 years later, I am where I need to be. I have got to help my friend out of this. His two girls need him. He needs them too. His wife is a rock, thankfully. I have talked to her and she assured me she is going no where. She just said she needs mine and others help. Life just sucks to big green wienie sometimes.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I was all set to post some pics today with the new appliques and all buffed out and looking good but now, not so much. I really care about my friend and will talk face to face with him about all this. I don't want him to lose his business. He was one of the few people that talked me off the ledge after March 31, 2011, when my wife had just passed. She being 12 years younger was supposed to out live me. I was unemployed at the time, I started drinking heavily, never did drugs, and not caring at all about anything. After about 3-4 months of that my friends got together and spent the weekend with me. Lots of talk and yelling and screaming later, I came out the other side,. so to speak. Got my first self storage resident manager job and 9.5 years later, I am where I need to be. I have got to help my friend out of this. His two girls need him. He needs them too. His wife is a rock, thankfully. I have talked to her and she assured me she is going no where. She just said she needs mine and others help. Life just sucks to big green wienie sometimes.
A friend is more important then some appliques. Get your buddy squared away. Been there, done that. I'm sure a majority of guys here have been through the same or similar situation. I remember when I needed a friend--but had none. A good friend is hard to find.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26