OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dantheman1540

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice work! I wish I had the $$ to get sway bars myself.
I know this is for adjustments, but does it make a difference if you adjust it longer or shorter--with the handling or anything else?View attachment 271667

You want to keep the bars parallel with the suspension travel but that's kinda difficult to do so I find it's more important to adjust them to keep them from binding or hitting anything.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The rod length shouldn’t. Only the position of the lower end, closer or further from the centerline of the sway bar.

You want to keep the bars parallel with the suspension travel but that's kinda difficult to do so I find it's more important to adjust them to keep them from binding or hitting anything.
Thx guys. I was really curious.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
For an old fart, you sure do move quick!

Great work!

I was standing up the whole time. They already had the lift arms set. They knew my experience and had no problems with me in the shop because the shop was closed on that day, Sunday. They were there to help as needed, supervise as needed and drink cold beer as needed. I even supplied pulled pork sandwiches at lunch time.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, my new to me used Escalade rear appliques hit my door today. My close friend is going to pick them up from me drop them off tomorrow to be prepped and painted at the body/paint shop. The guy said will be done by Friday. I will pickup and install but he told me that if I had 30-45 minutes, he would remove the old and install the new no charge. I have been feeding him some work lately. My close friend, from the American Legion post, and myself are also going to be talking to him about painting a Lexus car for the American Legion post Auxiliary President. She has been a post member for 42 years and deserves some help with her car. I recently got her new headlight assemblies because the old lenses could not be buffed clean again. We are going to do the paint job and pay for it and then just yesterday I heard her tell her sister that half of her dash cluster was dimmer than the other half. I am going to see what it is and may be getting another dash cluster soon for her.

20210223_124356.jpg 20210223_124416.jpg 20210223_124426.jpg

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the additional details and pics. Very much appreciated.

Since you did not state that any other existing items on the truck needed to be temporarily moved or removed with the installation, I will assume that there were none.

Do you have a part number or a source for the ACDelco lube that you used on the sway bay bushings and routinely use on other items? It looks like I should put that item in my shop inventory.

This is yet another stellar example of how this Forum and its members ROCK!!!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thank you for the additional details and pics. Very much appreciated.

Since you did not state that any other existing items on the truck needed to be temporarily moved or removed with the installation, I will assume that there were none.

Do you have a part number or a source for the ACDelco lube that you used on the sway bay bushings and routinely use on other items? It looks like I should put that item in my shop inventory.

This is yet another stellar example of how this Forum and its members ROCK!!!

The sway bar install was very straight forward and did not require any extra parts removal. There is/was plenty of room for the sway bar to snake out and in.

The AC Delco lube I use is 10-4057, 12371287, called Super Lube with PTFE.

20210223_133706.jpg

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was standing up the whole time. They already had the lift arms set. They knew my experience and had no problems with me in the shop because the shop was closed on that day, Sunday. They were there to help as needed, supervise as needed and drink cold beer as needed. I even supplied pulled pork sandwiches at lunch time.

I like it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts