OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You won't find any overlap of service areas between the major cable operators. There's enough competition and expense that it's not lucrative to overbuild other companies' networks with the same type of infrastructure, and it's not cheap to build physical plant. That's why, generally, your choices are DSL, cable DOCSIS, or satellite internet.

Last edited:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am fortunate where I live in my town, as I have 2 wired Internet/TV service providers - Spectrum cable and TDS Telecom fiber. And, since I have both connected to my house, they have to compete for my business. Of course, the Internet/TV service providers in the US are essentially a loose cartel, so there is not really brisk competition. As such, quality and speed, and consistency of both, gets my business.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When we buy the house we will have a whole list of things to get signed up for. I also have to switch to her bank because they don't have a branch of my bank in Warrensburg.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
So, just this last Monday, have finally gotten to the end of my list of replacement parts on my rig. Did the throttle control actuator: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=1145058&jsn=720, the ignition switch, neutral safety switch and the turn signal switch. The only things I have not done on my list are radiator fans and sensors and the entire a/c/heater core/actuators and that will be done when I reach Mo. I would do it while here with my friends that own their shop but not enough time because my cousin has gotten her notification of her PG&E lawsuit payoff for her home and next will be the payoff notification for her rental property. Fortunately I have no problems at all with the systems still to be addressed.

This pursuit of basically rebuilding all these systems has been a long and winding road but well worth it in my book. I have added up all my parts purchases, including tires and wheels, and have come up with just over $12k. Even with RA discounts, the rest will be close to $2k. I will say this though, this Z71 runs like a top and performs flawlessly. Even if I were to sell it, which I will not, I would not let it go for less than $35k. For any member here that wants to throw $$$$$ at it, no less than $40k......:cool:

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for sharing your rebuild journey with us. It was a great project with great results. It could not be a more fitting way to end to a long project ==>> Success!.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Well, the journey is still continuing but just not till I get to Mo. For now though, it is over here in Oregon. I feel extremely lucky that I had a great rig to start with and do all this work on and not have any problems with the major components like the engine, transmission, differentials.....etc.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My plan was to always go with Comcast if available where we will live.
Most of our subdivision is on on Comcast because there is no alternative ISP available. As soon as the power company’s new high speed fiber optic internet service is available we all plan on switching. Not long ago Comcast had the worst service record in the country as many of us can attest.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@915_Tahoe, I am getting ready to order the actuators for my rig. I have rear a/c and heat and auto control. Last 8 digits are 5R221385. I see the first actuator is part #89018374, AC Delco #15-73952. Then I see listed a call for 3 actuators, all the same part #89018365, AC Delco #15-72971. Do you have pics of the actuator(s) locations and just wanted to be sure of the 3 actuators being the same part number before I order them. Thank you very much and remember, I still owe you and the wife a dinner on me.

By the way, I PM'd you with the same request.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts