OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
By the way, I have been saving lots of parts that I replaced that are still in great usable condition, in case anyone is interested. If you are in the area and need any, the price is way cheap.

For instance: The two front cv axle shafts are working fine and no binds and boots are great=$80 for the pair. If interested, look thru the pics and see what I replaced and then contact me to see if I have the older parts.

I also have 4 door handles that I had bought from someone here for my 2002 LT and then never used them and I have the barn door handles too.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Was it easy to drop the tank? Since there isn't any rust.
Funny you should ask. when we were dropping it I was on one end and he was on the other and he said, "Easiest ******* tank I have ever dropped"?

He says he enjoys working under the rig because of how clean it is. Between the two of us we started and dropped on the ground in 42 minutes.

We knew the time because we both looked at the clock when he made his comment.

He said, "I still have a "*****" about getting this for $25k if you let it go".

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
By the way, I have been saving lots of parts that I replaced that are still in great usable condition, in case anyone is interested. If you are in the area and need any, the price is way cheap.

For instance: The two front cv axle shafts are working fine and no binds and boots are great=$80 for the pair. If interested, look thru the pics and see what I replaced and then contact me to see if I have the older parts.

I also have 4 door handles that I had bought from someone here for my 2002 LT and then never used them and I have the barn door handles too.
Maybe do a for sale ad with pics of all your old parts. If you were close I'd probably go for your old axles. Way too much to ship, plus I don't think you'd ship big parts.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Sorry, will not ship big parts.

List of what I remember I have to sell:

axle shafts, lower control arms, upper control arms-with bushings and ball joints, both front wheel hubs, center link and both outer tie rods, idler arm and bracket and rear track arm.

I also have 4 of the GMC center caps for the newer style wheels.

Plus, whatever I save from the newest work.

@Tonyrodz, when I finish with the current work I will post it all with pics in the for sale section.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Everything was going smoothly till motor mounts install last night. P/S exh manifold has to come off and bolts broke at both ends. 2 of them. But straight shot to drill out and tap. Then we saw that according to All Data just have to drop driveshaft to get to the D/S mount. While getting in there I see a broken front bolt on the D/S. If can do mount thru the driveshaft space, that is what I am going to do. I have never heard any exhaust leaks on the rig, cold start all the way to full heated. Never heard driving or with hood up and standing next to it. If we got to pull one head, both will be pulled. Then I will do a cam, lifters, push rods, rockers and if do that, the pan has to come off and then I will do an oil pump and timing components. Party On Garth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu