OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Let's do this cause I'm getting tired of all this ********. Lol
J/k, I'm here to help guys when/what ever you need. Past couple days I've haven't been on here, was looking for a daily car and found one. Been messing with it for a couple days now.

Let me know the callout #'s you are looking for.

View attachment 280963

very kind of you to us all out. Greatly appreciated!

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let's do this cause I'm getting tired of all this ********. Lol
J/k, I'm here to help guys when/what ever you need. Past couple days I've haven't been on here, was looking for a daily car and found one. Been messing with it for a couple days now.

Let me know the callout #'s you are looking for.

View attachment 280963

Lol. Seriously man, you help all of us out tremendously..!

I want to see this new ride.. whatchoo got...?

@915_Tahoe, I really appreciate what you do for me and other members.

The 178-1030 number at RA looks like what I have and should be right with the RPO code info. I tried the GM number at RA and came back as Number Not Found.

I then went to GM Parts Warehouse with the 19371355 GM number you gave me and when it does pop up, it is a pic of a vacuum booster.

Went to GM Parts Giant and the same number had a pic of the correct hydro-boost unit.

WEIRD! Thanks again.

Amen brother!! And wtf...!?

very kind of you to us all out. Greatly appreciated!

Absolutely!!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I decided to replace all the cup holder rubber grip fingers. Found them at ebay. I had 3 of them missing. 6 of the eight went out and in no sweat. The two attached to the center section/tower between the cups is a *****. It appears the top of the tower pops off to reveal access but cannot get it to pop open and when flipped over, There is a spot there that looks like it has two release clips to pry/push and cap/top should pop off. I have tried every way to get that top off but it will not pop off. The part of the finger that holds the finger in place in the slot, is not as thick on the new ones. The old ones don't want to just yank out because of the extra rubber inside where it pops in at the slot.

Any info?20210615_090846.jpg20210615_090941.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I decided to replace all the cup holder rubber grip fingers. Found them at ebay. I had 3 of them missing. 6 of the eight went out and in no sweat. The two attached to the center section/tower between the cups is a *****. It appears the top of the tower pops off to reveal access but cannot get it to pop open and when flipped over, There is a spot there that looks like it has two release clips to pry/push and cap/top should pop off. I have tried every way to get that top off but it will not pop off. The part of the finger that holds the finger in place in the slot, is not as thick on the new ones. The old ones don't want to just yank out because of the extra rubber inside where it pops in at the slot.

Any info?View attachment 303288View attachment 303289
I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure I popped mine once from the top. Did you try sticking something in between those 2 pieces to pry them apart? Maybe a thin butter knife.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Yea, I did pry on the two slots after I pulled the old rubber out. I never did get the top to pop off but was able to use some flat plastic pry tools I keep here for popping dashes and door panels and trim off with. I then dug in the slots with a 90 degree pick and cleared everything out and then used the pry tool to open the slot up because it was a thinner slot than the over six slots. Once I did that I was abbe to coax the backside of the finger in the slot with the pick and the pry tool so that the ears popped open on the inside and held the finger in place. I then used a tight glass and worked the fingers up and down and nothing came loose. PITFA!

By the way @Tonyrodz, I did see the plastic weld and that is why I did not just rip that piece off. What did you do, buy a new holder or Super Glue it back together.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yea, I did pry on the two slots after I pulled the old rubber out. I never did get the top to pop off but was able to use some flat plastic pry tools I keep here for popping dashes and door panels and trim off with. I then dug in the slots with a 90 degree pick and cleared everything out and then used the pry tool to open the slot up because it was a thinner slot than the over six slots. Once I did that I was abbe to coax the backside of the finger in the slot with the pick and the pry tool so that the ears popped open on the inside and held the finger in place. I then used a tight glass and worked the fingers up and down and nothing came loose. PITFA!

By the way @Tonyrodz, I did see the plastic weld and that is why I did not just rip that piece off. What did you do, buy a new holder or Super Glue it back together.
As of right not it's just placed on there. I'll probably put a dab of super glue on it later. Not a big deal.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
As of right not it's just placed on there. I'll probably put a dab of super glue on it later. Not a big deal.
Now yous guys got me lookin at my drink holder fingers…. In pretty good shape, but I am missing one… funny, I had never noticed until I read this thread… not sure it’s worth it.. I guess this is one of the PITA ones…
D5939EA1-8B11-4FC0-AAB4-7B335B93915E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9