OR VietVet Is Still Throwing $$$ at 2005 Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ok, got to work on the rig on Sunday and Monday. Found a cracked PCV hose that did have a small vacuum leak. I see the underside of the valve covers look pretty clean. More pics as more is done. I am driving around in my friend's Hyundai Tucson thankfully till all work is done.

imagejpeg_1(1).jpg imagejpeg_0(3) (1).jpg imagejpeg_1(21).jpg imagejpeg_1(19).jpg

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That same hose was cracked on mine. I also broke my knock sensors.... I kept the foam intake inserts as well. Most ppl throw them away but I feel GM put them there for a reason.

I haven't taken off my steering link bar... Tried to but gave up haha... O had wanted to drop the front diff... was going to do a full rebuild on it, but ended up just doing axle ends as I couldn't get lonk bar out of way. Was using a pickle fork but wouldn't separate the pitman arm (I think that is what that is called).

I did buy tie rod sleeves, anxious to put them on. They were pretty inexpensive. I drive on minimum and no maintenance forest roads so will let me rest a little better knowing they are a bit tougher after done.

Drop me a PM if you ever need anything. I have dismantled almost my whole truck haha... Doors body, nearly everything. Getting ready to tear down transmission and TX case next.

8b890310e62f010f4b0399757b8558cf.jpg

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm curious how much, if any oil is in the rear part of that intake manifold.
X2...

Also, I don’t remember if you already mentioned it, but if not, I recently replaced the heater hose tees proactively, since they’re a common failure item, and will leave you stranded. Highly recommend this if you haven’t already done them.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely next to none, there are two large holes under the valley pan. Those drain thr oil.

FYI I have two new felpro knock sensor seals for the valley pan if you need them. They were extras from my build.

A while back on of my heater core quick connects broke. Now my second heater line broke. I ordered metal quick disconnects this time from RockAuto. Local parts store sells same metal disconnect, is a bit more than RockAuto but not much.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
X2...

Also, I don’t remember if you already mentioned it, but if not, I recently replaced the heater hose tees proactively, since they’re a common failure item, and will leave you stranded. Highly recommend this if you haven’t already done them.

I already did the tees when I did the entire cooling system hose changeover.

I'm curious how much, if any oil is in the rear part of that intake manifold.

Sorry, did not look or care when I got apart. Concentrated on cleaning. My shop owner friend may remember and I will ask and report back.

I called him and he said virtually nothing was there. Drained out. He likes to do prep work for reassembly, so he went right to work cleaning everything he could get his hands on.

Last edited:
OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Likely next to none, there are two large holes under the valley pan. Those drain thr oil.

FYI I have two new felpro knock sensor seals for the valley pan if you need them. They were extras from my build.

A while back on of my heater core quick connects broke. Now my second heater line broke. I ordered metal quick disconnects this time from RockAuto. Local parts store sells same metal disconnect, is a bit more than RockAuto but not much.

I already have the Fel Pro kits for this work. I used Fel Pro gasket/seals sets, GM knock sensors and harness parts.

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a few parts most of which I put up on the classifieds channel. I mainly just want to find them a home, otherwise not sure what to do with them.

I subscribed to your thread. Will keep an eye to see if there's anything else I have you might be able to use.