1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Please see reply restrictions that apply here

Discussion in 'Site Comments & Feedback' started by Dantheman1540, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    Was enjoying my time here and suddenly I cannot post anymore. Were the reply box was is now replaced with this.

Please see reply restrictions that apply here

I searched and found 2 other threads with the same issue but nobody ever got a reply and appear to have stopped using the forum.

Someone help please

2. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    I went back and reread every post you made. I also read the rules again. I saw no problems but I am not the final say so. There is a spot to contact them at the Contact Us Link. Do so and see what they say.

Dantheman1540 likes this.
  3. NoReverseYukon

NoReverseYukon Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    Can you reply to threads that you start?

Dantheman1540 likes this.
  4. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    Did you make any posts of a political nature?

If he made a post that violated a rule, it could've been deleted.

5. soulsea

soulsea Staff Member Super Moderator Supporting Member

Name:
    Serge
    I can't see one reason for this to be happening.

Maybe @07Burb or @NathanJax can shed some light and help sort it out.

Hold tight.

HiHoeSilver and PNW VietVet like this.
  6. PNW VietVet

PNW VietVet Supporting Member

Name:
    Ron
    Chris, before this warning popped up for him I had read all his posts and did not see anything missing but that does not mean the post that could have caused the commotion had already been taken down and I never saw it.

7. soulsea

Name:
    Serge
    It doesn't really work that way. Unless it's ridiculously egregious, a political post after being deleted would only generate a warning which wouldn't restrict the member's posting privileges. If it were a spam issue the member gets banned automatically when the post is deleted ... obviously that's not the case here otherwise this thread wouldn't exist. Same if it were another serious ToS breach.

There seems to be a glitch in the system where Dan can author a thread but for some reason cannot reply to one. I don't know of a way on any forum for staff to be able to do that, or any reason they would want to do that. The opposite is sometimes true where up to a certain post count a member can only reply and cannot author a thread but that's coded in for spam reasons, not something that staff can control.

The only other way that can happen is if the thread he's trying to post on is either closed or corrupted for some reason and the issue isn't really associated with his account. Or maybe there's a post count restriction that's not meant to be there that he happened to run across. On other forums I've gone to look at another member's photo album and it will say I don't have permission to access it, not because the album is private but because of some glitch in the coding. It's really quite common.

It could honestly be a bunch of things, including staff action (although unlikely in this case) ... I'm sure when the cavalry gets here they'll be able to sort it out.

8. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    @Dantheman1540 , are you seeing this on all threads you try to reply to? If it’s just certain threads, what section is it in?

To be clear, there has been no staff action taken against the OP. There’s some other thing going on and hopefully the answers to my questions will help clarify some things

9. soulsea

Name:
    Serge
    Dan, if you're not able to reply to this thread please shoot me or 07Burb a PM with a link to the threads you can't reply to. If the forum doesn't allow you to do that as well, then start another thread with the links in the opening post. If you cannot reply to any thread then post that in a new thread.

Hopefully we'll be able to resolve it for you. Worse comes to worse, if we can't figure it out, we will get you back in with a new username/account.

10. Dantheman1540

Dantheman1540 Full Access Member

Name:
    Dan
    Well its fixed today! Yayyy thanks guys for the help.