Playing Video in 2017 Tahoe LT w/MYLINK & Nav

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

16blkltz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok...I've tried to play an MP4 (gopro video) from a USB flash drive connected to rear USB port (2nd row - behind center console), but basically said no supported file found. It did see the USB drive though. It just didn't recognize the MP4 file.

So, either something different in 2017 models (I have 2016 LTZ), or Nav702 just got lucky with the way your MP4 files were setup. I just need to figure out what that setup is.

OP
OP
L

latemodelsedan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have Luxury package and Sun, Entertainment & Destinations package. I use the USB port on the back of the middle console. I also have a lighting I ng to HDMI connector which NY daughter uses to watch Netflix in the back.
at this point i have to assume this package allows for it. it just defies logic that chevy would take the time and effort to take away a useful feature like this. im gonna keep trying to see if i can figure it out though. thanks for the info though. i initially overlooked your reply!

for anyone who's interested in how i got videos to play in my 2015 tahoe ive attached the guide i used to configure my video files.

Attachments

• Playing Videos on the 2014 Silverado.pdf
    943.5 KB · Views: 24

GTPprix

Supporting Member
Reaction score
at this point i have to assume this package allows for it. it just defies logic that chevy would take the time and effort to take away a useful feature like this. im gonna keep trying to see if i can figure it out though. thanks for the info though. i initially overlooked your reply!

for anyone who's interested in how i got videos to play in my 2015 tahoe ive attached the guide i used to configure my video files.
It’s gone from all 2017 hmi based vehicles. This was even noted in the new model guides at release..... like I said the hmi unlock from mvi will restore this.

CND17 BURBAN

Reaction score
I have a 2017 Premier were the screens drop down from the ceiling (Rear Seat Entertainment Package).
I have played MP4 file right off two USB stick when plugged into the back of the center console.
My kids love it cause I can store a lot of videos on each 128GB USB stick.
I also found out you can play a different movie on each drop down screen.
It can be two MP4 files from the same USB stick or one from each USB sticks.

GM Took away USB / SD Video Playback capabilities on all NON RSE (Rear Seat Entertainment) vehicles in 2017.

Last edited:

Guiseppe83

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
anyone have input on organizing the mp4 files on the rear usb drives to allow access. im able to get them to play in loop, but not able to choose movies in a "directory/menu"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts