Plastidip rims and grill - black out

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, pardon my ignorance but,

Why does everyone use plastidip? Or is it just a euphemism for any kind of painting of said parts?

Is plastidip better for some reason than a high quality paint designed for the surface that you are painting?

Im just curious...

05alive

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, pardon my ignorance but,

Why does everyone use plastidip? Or is it just a euphemism for any kind of painting of said parts?

Is plastidip better for some reason than a high quality paint designed for the surface that you are painting?

Im just curious...
Not a euphemism, people really will spend 70k on a vehicle and then think it looks nice with a spotty matte finish from a can.

Too lazy/cheap/scared to pull and paint.

The dupicolor is 15 bucks and an assorted pack of sand paper is 10 :emotions33:

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally do not like the matte finish either on a glossy 70k dollar SUV. Gloss black wheels and gloss black wheels would go nicely. Also removing or painting the door trim. It looks out of place being chrome, yet having silver/black wheels.

MajorJakkov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not a euphemism, people really will spend 70k on a vehicle and then think it looks nice with a spotty matte finish from a can.

Too lazy/cheap/scared to pull and paint.

The dupicolor is 15 bucks and an assorted pack of sand paper is 10 :emotions33:

i agree. if you want it to look right, either paint/wrap it yourself or pay a professional to do it for you.

that being said, plastidip is not permanent and i think that is most likely the reason it is frequently used. people are afraid to c*** up their expensive vehicles and it's hard to blame anyone for that.

OP
OP
U

umpuck

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I agree! I did the plastidip to see if I’d like the black grill and black rims. The matte finish started to look a bit weird to a shiny black car. It was a cheap alternative to try, but ultimately I power washed it off and getting the rims powder coated.

The dip is fun to mess around with, though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmicasa the Great XvX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hold up.. I knew U could peel it off but that takes a minute.. are U saying that POWER WASHING took it off no issue and fuss?

Azervos3

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I see you dipped the front grill. Did you also dip the front fog light bezel? If yes you should also do the bezel around the windows steps and roof rack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh

Latest posts