Plastidip for pepperdust metallic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HughSeagraves

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did a search on here and didn't find anything about this. I have a 2017 pepperdust metallic Z71. I want to do chrome delete on the grill using plastidip or vinyl wrap. All black looks great on black Tahoes but I don't think it would look good with pepperdust metallic (but if you did this, please post a pic). What I want to do is make the outer part of the chrome the same color as the body. Has anyone done this to their pepperdust metallic Tahoe? What color did you use (specifically). Thanks!

Attachments

• 646aeb03667640c09215220ef3372cfb.jpg
    646aeb03667640c09215220ef3372cfb.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 7

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What all "outer part" of chrome are you trying to delete? Looks like you just have the chrome on the front grill and upper headlight trim on the front. Chrome window trim on the side. Not sure what if any chrome would be on the rear end of the Z71's.

TBH your chances of finding an "off the shelf" color of plastidip to match your Pepperdust Metallic are pretty slim, in fact I can almost guarantee it's none. If you don't want to go with black your best bet would be to have the front grill and upper headlight trim painted to match at a body shop.

I think black would look fine for your chrome delete; You already have black side steps and roof rails.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sowegatahoe87